Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

aaarrrggg!! and a word of advice

Started by savanahsmommy,

Previous topic - Next topic

savanahsmommy

!@#$
i have just spent the past 2 hrs cleaning up a work computer and still not done, and while taking a break i thought i would give a word of advice to everyone.  I work for a small company with a great boss, (as you can see i get to spend a great deal of time on the internet while i am working), who doesn't monitor what we do on the computers, needless to say i get the job of deleting and cleaning up the computers.  Now for my advice

1. PLEASE watch what you download, because you might forget about it and it can come back to haunt you.
2. Delete old emails (if its over 6 mths you probably don't need it any more) or make a copy and then delete, and if its personal email please get rid of it because the person that cleans your computer might have to read the email to figure out if it is important and needs to print it out (i just had the please of getting on unexpected & unwelcomed image of my former office manager(who happens to be the bosses son so i will still have to see him on a regular basis can we say eeewwwww  :xx). 
4. Please be considerate of the web sites you go to (i have no desire to go to the xxx rated sites  :o0 or to see what interest you.
5. Please get personal letters also off the computer

The computers are provided for work so be consience of where you go or what you do.  I am not passing judgement or anything because i get all of my pogo challenges done while i am at work and i get to play, however i do delete on a regular basis.

enuf said.           Thank you for letting me vent 

TmT

Hey u leavin out the most important juicy gossip... unless I missed it...
What the heck did the boss son, whom you have to see everyday, do?
Had nude pics of himself... had a list of xxx sites stored on an email... what happened?

Ok... I re-read it... he had naked pics of himself... so tell me... did he look good... did anything surprise u about the pics...

Oh my... is this thread gonna get deleted... lmaoooooo hard

nightperson

That is a good advise,my puter goes where i go and Im the only  person that has password but that is good to let othere people know this O0

TmT

Quote from: nightperson on October 24, 2006, 11:33:57 AM
That is a good advise,my puter goes where i go and Im the only  person that has password but that is good to let othere people know this O0
You know, if we cant get people in the congress to not do xxx rated things and cover their  :o0... u know the lil man  :o0 is not gonna give a rats  :o0... lol

I dont get why people use company computers anyways to do illegal activity.  Rather someone is gonna check your computer or not.  Its not a private pc... bring your lap top in if u wanna do illegal things or naughty activity.

Tara

Ummm......Why would I accommodate you on MY computer that I paid for?  :)) :)) 

TmT

Quote from: Tara on October 24, 2006, 11:39:28 AM

Hey.... what do u mean... accomodate me...lol...I'm the good guy... Im sayin if u wanna get into things u know that is not, lets say, "normal" on company's pc... do it on your own.  Then u can be naughty and carry your activities home with u.. rofl.

Tara

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on October 24, 2006, 11:43:51 AM

Hey.... what do u mean... accomodate me...lol...I'm the good guy... Im sayin if u wanna get into things u know that is not, lets say, "normal" on company's pc... do it on your own.  Then u can be naughty and carry your activities home with u.. rofl.

I was talking to the person telling me what to delete and save and stuff on my computer. Hell...I'm grown I could careless what someone saw on my computer and if I was paying you to clean it..then clean it and don't be b!tching about what you see. If you don't like your job, find another one.  :,

TmT

:ll  ------->>> goin to corner  <:> enjoyin "MY COMPUTER" readin... lol

nightperson

i dont do things like that i have all 3 of my puter lock on anything like that no matter who uses mine here are at home i let my employees use it to look parts up for other state let my partner use it if they need it i let them use it but a stranger noway no telling what they will do but then i have sites like that lock out on mine i let some customer use to do some of there tracking # on

savanahsmommy

Quote from: Tara on October 24, 2006, 11:45:48 AM
Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on October 24, 2006, 11:43:51 AM

I was talking to the person telling me what to delete and save and stuff on my computer. Hell...I'm grown I could careless what someone saw on my computer and if I was paying you to clean it..then clean it and don't be b!tching about what you see. If you don't like your job, find another one.  :,

Well if it was on your computer thats fine, however they aren't--- yes he is the bosses son but the computers have to be cleaned up for the next employee to come in and he no longer works here so they belong to his father and the business.   sorry if you didn't understand that from my original post.   would you like to come to work at a new job and be given that computer to use and then find all of that (mostley web sites that have had the name changed so that when you open them you don't realize what you are opening???????)    we save the favorites for any new employee so that you will have all the web sites that we use on just about a daily basis handy and you won't have to find them for yourself.    

savanahsmommy

Quote from: nightperson on October 24, 2006, 11:49:55 AM
i don't do things like that i have all 3 of my puter lock on anything like that no matter who uses mine here are at home i let my employees use it to look parts up for other state let my partner use it if they need it i let them use it but a stranger noway no telling what they will do but then i have sites like that lock out on mine i let some customer use to do some of there tracking # on

I guess that's what i am going to do, but i have never felt comfortable doing that since they aren't mine, but if i am the one that has to clean it i guess that would give me the right to do that.

I wasn't trying to tell people how to handle their computers i was trying to give advice it people that might have a lenient boss like mine and let them now what happens after they leave the company, Like they would care.   

But i do appreciate the opportunity to rant,  but i think from now on i might not rant

Tori

That's why I don't use my company computer for anything..well, except a friendly game of Pogo now and then  :)))

My hubby brings his laptop home (he uses for business) and I never touch the thing. I have my two personal computers at home and anything I choose to do, I do on these  8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview