PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:30:05 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Coming soon to Pogo.com!!! New Features!!!

Started by niteshiftblogger,

Previous topic - Next topic

niteshiftblogger

A sneak peak at the new PREMIUM FEATURES coming to pogo.com!!! This article is straight from the pogo beta testers website!

<> <?> <O> <?> <>
October 25, 2006 - You may have noticed some Gems in the Mini Mall...

Intro to Gems

We've got an exciting new addition to Pogo that we'll be introducing to you over the next few days and weeks. Pogo is launching some great new Premium features later this year, and we want to get your feedback and input on them!

Feature #1 - Premium Pogo Mini items: Your Mini is motionless no longer! We've got a whole slew of great new animations and extra-cool items to adorn your Mini with. You've probably already seen some of these in the Mini Mall here in Pogo Beta-land already, but there's a bit of a twist to them you haven't seen. More on that in a moment.

So how does one acquire these amazing new treasures, if not with tokens?

Well, we're introducing a new way to pay for things on Pogo called "Pogo Gems'". Here's how it works: You buy packages of gems and then you can use the gems to get things like the Premium Mini items and the Mix-n-Match Badge Albums. You'll also be able to use gems to get Premium Badge Albums (at a discount, no less, for a limited time).

You probably have a few questions at this point. Let's see if we can answer a few:

1) Wait. Let me get this straight. You have to PAY for Gems?

Yes. But no on the Beta Program. Any payments you make on the Beta Program will not be valid and you will not be charged.

2) Why do this at all?

We wanted a fun and secure way for Pogo members to acquire Premium features on the site; one that didn't require that you do a credit card transaction every time you wanted to get something. It's a hassle for you and a hassle for us. With Pogo Gems, you can put in as much money as you're comfortable with, and then spend it down at your convenience. When you run out, you can quickly add more with just a few clicks.

3)Are Pogo Gems only for Club Pogo?

For now, yes, because the features we chose just happened to be Club Pogo features (Minis and Badges). We are looking at Premium features that all Pogo members can use and some of them might require Pogo Gems.

4) Are you going to start charging Pogo gems for every new feature on the site?

Good gravy, no! Pogo Gems are for "Premium" features that are completely optional. We'll continue to add great new features and games to Pogo and Club Pogo that don't require Pogo Gems to get.

5) Are all new Mini items going to require Gems?

No. We'll continue to add great new Mini items to the Mini Mall for tokens at the same rate we have been since they launched. The Premium items are something new we'll be releasing in addition to the token items we put out every two weeks or so.

6) Are there other ways to get Pogo Gems?

Sure. We'll give everyone a few gems (as a gift) to get them started. You can also win some (in varying amounts) in the Jackpot Spinner.

We'd like your help to test out these features in the next few weeks and we'll have more specific instructions and helpful info coming in the next few days. And note any suggestions or bugs you see in the "Gems" or "Animated Minis" section of the Bug Form.

NOTE: The Beta Program is a testing site for testing purposes only. Any prizes, gems, premium minis, etc. won on this site will not be awarded and will not in any way connect to your regular Pogo account. If you like what you see here, you'd be happy to know that the features will launch on Pogo in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for playing!

Well there ya have it, enjoy everyone!!!

Homer

You mean I have to put that coal between my  :o0 and squeeze real hard to turn it into a diamond/gem? :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PunkInDrublic

thanks for the info. I'll definitely buy premium badges but no way I'm gonna buy anything for my mini  !@#$

IndianLover

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on October 25, 2006, 04:29:52 PM
thanks for the info. I'll definitely buy premium badges but no way I'm gonna buy anything for my mini  !@#$

I don't think I would buy anything for my mini either but I know I would buy the books lol. But I cannot say I would never buy anything for my mini because hey you never know, lol

Torn2pieces

QuoteI'll definitely buy premium badges but no way I'm gonna buy anything for my mini 

I agree.

I think it's getting out of hand with them now having this to pay for mini stuff.. Gee, I wonder if the premium mini's will have non ugly clothers, hair and faces and body positions. I won't spend a dime to dress up a mini. It's a friggen graphic on a game site.

I'm sorry but this is really ridiculus. My 2 cents worth.

niteshiftblogger

.w.  :-X  .w.

Okay Here's What You Can Get With Those "Gems"

~Get custom challenges and build your own mix-n-match badge album
~Get premium mini items with extra cool features
~Get premium badge albums at a 10% discount

O+O How Much Are These Gems???
There are three packages: 80 Gems for 4.99, 170 Gems for 9.99 and 350 Gems for 19.99

You "buy" your challenges for the mix-n-match album at the mix-n-match badge store. The challenges cost 10-18 "gems" per challenge.

Your pogo mini will have a play/pause button in the lower right hand corner of the mini's picture to play or pause the movement that will be optional with the new mini features available.  <.>

:ooo

Background movement... Your mini driving a car, an underwater fish scene, a winged horse scene, a rock band scene, a glamour walk scene (runway) and a tri-peaks scene with boulder.

Goodies movement... butterfly, good luck balloon flying, heartbeat beating, multi color balloons flying, lightning striking your mini, raining tokens and bubbles.

Clothing movement... dancing outfit

Well that's all I've been informed of so far. I know some of these new changes may not make everyone happy. I do however have to applaud pogo for continuing to change their website and keep new stuff coming all the time. After all that is why we keep coming back and secretly enjoy our pogo addictions!  :D

tponka

I hardly ever get mini stuff.  I think I've got like 3 outfits..  so I certainly won't be buying mini stuff with cash money.

justahumping

Quote from: Homer on October 25, 2006, 02:18:49 PM
You mean I have to put that coal between my  :o0 and squeeze real hard to turn it into a diamond/gem? :)))
Now that was funny!... Thanks for the laugh Homer

IndianLover

In some ways I like the gem idea so we don't have to keep going thru whole purchse screen everytime we want to buy a premium album. Especially if they will be coming out with that many new badges "mix and match"

WV4057

kntryrebel

<O> first i just want to say happy halloween im new to yall site just wanted to say hey. But on this subject i think its ridiculous sorry for the spelling that we have to pay for stuff for the mini i wont be buying any thing that is just plain stupid we pay teh monthly fee untop of tokies for that crap why should us members have to pay for extras.  <O>

zeboo

welcome to the forum Kntryrebel

my 2 cents worth ..if nobody buys this stuff pogo would make them free. but everytime a new book comes out we all run to buy it and now with the new poppit show having mini stuff in it on a 2 go game.I am sure pogo is gonna milk it for all it's worth..I am not buying anymore, most of the stuff in the mini mall is gross and so not worth it! but thats just me pogo can  :-*  :o0

xgingerx

we have badges that move from our Album's we payed for why can't we use them??? >:((

BadgeBaby

Does anyone know the exact date the gems will be coming out? I'm excited about something new coming to pogo. However, I would rather win them than pay for them....lol.

yoshisquest

Quote from: zeboo on October 26, 2006, 05:51:20 PM
welcome to the forum Kntryrebel

my 2 cents worth ..if nobody buys this stuff pogo would make them free. but everytime a new book comes out we all run to buy it and now with the new poppit show having mini stuff in it on a 2 go game.I am sure pogo is gonna milk it for all it's worth..I am not buying anymore, most of the stuff in the mini mall is gross and so not worth it! but thats just me pogo can  :-*  :o0

I think the books are one thing, at least we can get our moneys worth with them.  at least the books give us somthing to do.  The minis?  Well, I think everyone is in agreement that paying for mini stuff with our tokens is cool, but having to pay cold hard cash is getting greedy on pogo's end.

Tara

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview