PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:47:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Few words from Ms Netiquette

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

Read this, this morning and thought semi-timely considering past posts.

"Nobody likes to feel as if he or she is playing against someone who is cheating. It is understandable that people get frustrated when someone plays so well, or has statistics that might indicate that the player is not completely on the up and up. However, we should not accuse anyone of cheating, as it is impossible to prove. If you suspect a player is cheating, don't play with that person. "

zeboo

asdfhads

People don't usually accuse me of cheating, even when I use an autoplayer. In the rare case that they do, I'll take a screenshot and do a bit of touching up in Photoshop / MS Paint to "prove" that I wasn't cheating.

But hey, if you're not using an autoplayer and somebody is accusing you of it, either ignore them or leave the room. There's no need to get involved in something like that.

harley89

My own personal rule is never use auto against another person.  I am only after badges and nothing else. Besides I only play other people when a challenge makes me.  And I am thankful they dont do that often.

gator8_24

I don't use the auto against another person, I feel guilty as if I was taking advantage of them lol But I love to beat the bots using the auto!

david/ross

Quote from: harleyrider on November 05, 2006, 04:30:37 AM
My own personal rule is never use auto against another person.  I am only after badges and nothing else. Besides I only play other people when a challenge makes me.  And I am thankful they dont do that often.
:-]

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Blue0ctane on November 04, 2006, 05:27:58 PM
People don't usually accuse me of cheating, even when I use an autoplayer. In the rare case that they do, I'll take a screenshot and do a bit of touching up in Photoshop / MS Paint to "prove" that I wasn't cheating.

But hey, if you're not using an autoplayer and somebody is accusing you of it, either ignore them or leave the room. There's no need to get involved in something like that.

OK, I'm blonde.. but... please explain this to me. You were in a room playing bots. I guess this means that you had the room settings on " private" right? Otherwise, heck yeah, everyone who wants to can see your spectacular words in QWERTY or your faster than lightning speed in Canasta with 3 bagger.

IF you were using the private option, how was someone able to chat with you to accuse you of cheating?
Did they look at your badges in another game and say something? If so, I would imagine that ALL of us are screwed if the Pogo self- appointed Police get that nosey.

This inquiring mind wants to know how you came to be accused of cheating.. in general, not naming names or rooms or anything.

Runner

well if you didn't know....

there are ninnies in pogo who actually look at each person's profile,stats and badge list and decide wether that person is a cheater or not.

for instance I have been accused of cheating because i got 5 badges in one day.  Well 3 of them were personal challenged and 2 were weekly challenges.  thus got  5 in one day.  I picked real easy  personal challenges and the 2 weekly ones that week were easy  ..but i was made out a cheater and told that I was reported to pogo.

Well guess what  i just said in lobby ' you come to pogo to play or start shit?, get a life'  anyway i was in a uncesnsored room (WHICH BACK THEN DIDNT' HAVE A REPORT BUTTON) lol

just keep in mind there are people that have nothing better to do.

heck i bet they even come here to see if there is  a way they can identify people.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview