PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:05:56 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

WWE

Started by lovebug44,

Previous topic - Next topic

lovebug44

what did you all thank of last nights wwe ppv Cyber Sunday? M :)))e i thank it was a joke im glad i did not pay for this one flar and piper tag champs come on now how long is that going to last

lovebug44

Sensational" Sherri passes away

Written: June 15, 2007WWE is saddened to learn of the death of WWE Hall of Famer "Sensational" Sherri. She was 49.

She passed away at her mother's home in Birmingham, Ala. Friday morning, according to her husband of 10 years, Robert Schrull.

"It's a great loss to the wrestling world," he told WWE.com. The couple resided in St. Petersburg, Fla.

In the early 1980s, Sherri began her career in the AWA. In 1985, she defeated Candi Devine to become the AWA Women's Champion. Their rivalry lasted more than a year, with the championship trading hands on several occasions.

It was during this time that she began perfecting her skills as a manager, leading "Playboy" Buddy Rose and "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers to the AWA Tag Team Championship. On June 28, 1986, Martel would win the AWA Women's Championship for a third and final time from Candi Devine.

On July 24, 1987, "Sensational" Sherri debuted in WWE, pinning her trainer and mentor the Fabulous Moolah to become Women's Champion. Sherri defended the gold against Debbie Combs, Velvet McIntyre, and Desiree Peterson.

She quickly earned the reputation as someone who would do anything to win, even if it meant using unsavory tactics. Her rivalry with Moolah continued as they became the captains for the first-ever female Survivor Series teams in 1989. Sherri held the championship for 15 months before losing to Rockin' Robin.

In the early '90s WWE phased out the Women's Division, leaving Sherri to focus on managing the male wrestlers. Her first client was "Macho Man" Randy Savage. It was during this time that she became "Sensation Queen."

The couple had rivals with Miss Elizabeth, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire. In 1991, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase enlisted her services. After that relationship dissolved, she took on the managerial duties of Shawn Michaels.

In 1994, Sherri appeared in WCW as "Sensuous" Sherri managing Ric Flair during his rivalries with Sting and Hulk Hogan. After separating from Flair, she became "Sister" Sherri guiding Harlem Heat to seven WCW Tag Team Championships.

Sherri was enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006. "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase was her presenter. :$%

Monkey

Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007
World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight's Raw on USA Network (8/7 CT) will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Homer

OMG! That's terrible. I remember watching him and his wife aka Woman at local indy shows here years ago.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

lovebug44

I remember him when he was one of the 4 horsemen Rip Chris you will be missed.

Homer

They are now saying it was a murder/suicide.

What a shame.  :$%

Tara

He killed his wife first in one room, then the next day killed his son in another room, then the next day hung himself in another room. How sad... :$%

Dangeruss88

Tara

Homer

Quote from: Dangeruss88 on June 26, 2007, 10:20:45 AM
how did you find that out?

We don't tell everyone this but my real name is Vincent Kennedy McMahon.  :)))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on June 26, 2007, 01:28:27 PM

Ew!  If your him, I wanna divorce.  :P

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on June 26, 2007, 02:26:58 PM

Didn't you already file for divorce in Happy Hour?  :P  <:>

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on June 26, 2007, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: Tara on June 26, 2007, 02:26:58 PM

Didn't you already file for divorce in Happy Hour?  :P  <:>

We've kissed and made up since then.  vacation8.gif

lovebug44

WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Related Content

harley89

So sad.  3 years ago my cousin killed her husband, daughter then herself.  It is very difficult to understand what drives a person to commit such a horrible act.  Whether it was mental or drug induced I have never understood how she could do it. 

lovebug44

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Chris Benoit's professional wrestling colleagues were among the mourners Saturday at a memorial service for his wife and their 7-year-old son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, in their home in the Atlanta area three weeks ago, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine, authorities said.

Before the service began at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Jim Ross, the World Wrestling Entertainment announcer known as J.R., called the deaths "a real tragedy."

Nancy Benoit's parents, Paul and Maureen Toffoloni, live in Daytona Beach.

At the family's last-minute request, the service was not open to the media. Some wrestling fans were allowed in.

Anabolic steroids were found in the Benoits' home, leading officials to wonder if the drugs played a role in the killings. Results of toxicology tests on the three have not been released.

Ross said Saturday that drugs shouldn't be the focus.

"It's not a steroid issue," Ross said. "It's a domestic issue. There's a lot of other criteria that has to be involved in it. I still can't believe it even happened."

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a World Wrestling Entertainment star with a wholesome family man image. Nancy Benoit, however, filed for a divorce in 2003 alleging "cruel treatment." She dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she alleged Benoit threatened her and broke furniture.

Nancy Benoit was a wrestling stage manager who worked under the name "Woman." The two met in the 1990s when she was married to rival wrestler Kevin Sullivan. She left Sullivan and married Benoit in 2000.

"I've known Nancy for 20 years. She was always exuberant and fun to be around," Ross said. "Always laughing, had a great sense of humor. You know, was one of the guys. Had great timing in the ring, was a beautiful lady."

Chris Benoit's father has said private services for him were to be held in Canada. It was unknown Saturday whether those services have taken place.

(This version corrects headline to 'memorial' sted 'burial.' )

Homer

I think I would change my name.  :)) :)) :))

The head of the World Anti-Doping Association, Dick Pound, was recently on TSN's 'Off the Record' and ranted on WWE. He said that he doesn't need a test tube, you can look at the bodies for evidence. Michael Landsberg went on to ask him for specifics about the WWE drug policy that were a joke, however Dick Pound never had an answer.

Monkey

Quote from: Homer on July 25, 2007, 04:22:08 PM
I think I would change my name.  :)) :)) :))

The head of the World Anti-Doping Association, Dick Pound, was recently on TSN's 'Off the Record' and ranted on WWE. He said that he doesn't need a test tube, you can look at the bodies for evidence. Michael Landsberg went on to ask him for specifics about the WWE drug policy that were a joke, however Dick Pound never had an answer.
OMG  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Homer

- From WWE.com:

Bryan "Crush" Adams passes away

World Wrestling Entertainment has learned that Bryan Adams, also known to our fans as Crush, has been found dead today.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview