This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Very Important Warning

Started by lovebug44,

Previous topic - Next topic

lovebug44

checked this out on Snopes. It's for real.

VERY IMPORTANT WARNING
Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life is beautiful".

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful". Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner".

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY

bluebell1us

0:thanks for the warning, I never open any emails I don't know, but will share this with my friends.

ĴĐ

Homer

My rule is don't open an email if you don't know where it is from. Especially those with attachments.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ĴĐ

Quote from: Homer on November 15, 2006, 01:58:01 PM
My rule is don't open an email if you don't know where it is from. Especially those with attachments.
I don't think it is an attachment but nice rule-of-thumb anyway Homer!

liebe_angel

total Hoax.  You can read about it at www.snopes.com  Here is the link to that particular one.  But thank you for thinking of all of us.   
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

ĴĐ

Quote from: liebe_angel on November 15, 2006, 07:07:26 PM
total Hoax.  You can read about it at www.snopes.com  Here is the link to that particular one.  But thank you for thinking of all of us.   
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) It was a joke?  :-X :oo Nice! It totally got me! :o0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview