Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Major Screw Up

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

In my opinion Pogo has just screwed up with all the gem stuff. For one thing, it's almost Christmas and alot of people on Pogo do buy badge books for their Pogo friends for gifts. With the gem thing you can't do anything like that, which really surprises me that they didn't do it differently.

Next thing, making the gem stuff only available to certain Club Pogo Players, another major screw up. I can't believe they would do this. Money is money. It all spends the same no matter where you live.

If I were one of the members who lived outside the US and Canada, I would email and complain everyday. I would get all my friends to do the same thing. In every email I would make sure I told them how rude I thought the "jealous" comment was and how immature.

This is just my opinion on all of the crapola with the gems for now. I'm sure I will think of more later.

scissorhands

I have to agree with you.  Who cares where a club pogo member is from...they should all be treated equally.

lfc2211

tara you said it way better than me and are one hundred percent right there quick enough to take our money all the other times so whys now any different

harley89

So right. Pogo is way off base with this gem thing. You said it so well Tara

Ilovemyweims

well said tara!!

Just another point to show that pogo is WACKED!!

bluebell1us

Have no need for gems myself, but everyone should have the right to buy if they so choose.  You are so right, Tara. 0:

Runner

Well I hate to do this , but I have to defend Pogo on not letting some countries citizens take part.  You have to realize that is has nothing to do with Pogo itself and has more to do with that country's laws.

Those people need to complain to their goverment. 

(O+O)

Tracey

wats pogo gems got to do with country laws? they take our money for wat they sell on the site so wat is the difference between other stuff and gems? im confused

Jewel

I am upset too...I had promised to buy some friends gems for Christmas and I cannot see how to do that at all.  If nothing else, there should be an option to gift the stuff with my credit card if I can't give them gems.

badgehog

Tara , you are absolutely right. Mayor bummer!
I have bought books for my friends as well, but there is no option in buying gems for friends :ooo Its actually dumb, and bad business.

swissmissy63

Quote from: Jewel on November 16, 2006, 11:39:01 AM
I am upset too...I had promised to buy some friends gems for Christmas and I cannot see how to do that at all.  If nothing else, there should be an option to gift the stuff with my credit card if I can't give them gems.

put the money in their paypal account and have them buy it

Tara

Quote from: swissmissy63 on November 16, 2006, 12:46:03 PM
Quote from: Jewel on November 16, 2006, 11:39:01 AM

put the money in their paypal account and have them buy it

Some people probably wouldn't feel comfortable with that. I know I wouldn't, but I'm not everybody. :))) I wouldn't ask someone for theirs, because it wouldn't be a surprise, and I wouldn't give mine out to anyone unless I really really knew and trusted them.

triniqueen27

personally i think this gem thing went a lil to far
WHAT we got to pay for gems to make our minis look good...oh hell no
I'm not paying for no gems,no way,no how,and for no reason  :,

Momma

I agree with you Tara.  I refuse to pay for Gems or badges....all my money goes to autos made by badgehelp!

I can only support one habit at a time

Kathe

WV4057

all i can say is you go girl..your on it,so right.

PogoKaz

Well said Tara, I'm a Uk player and apparantly due to uk laws  they can't give prizes out, but on the UK version of the community news we have our own spin and win for vouchers and small cash prizes (about £50) so there is a way round it. 
Not allowing us to use our free gems or even win the gems means we can't purchase any of the animated mini stuff if we choose to, a single gem is worth less than the prizes they are giving out on spin and win.
So yet another area of pogo is closed to players outside the USA.

What also get my goat is the fact that we even get charged more than the USA players to subscribe to pogo.
Not sure what the price is this year, but last year the subscription was $27.99 (i think) and I had to pay that in pounds which is nearly half again  >>:D >>:D >>:D >>:D >:(( >:(( !@#$ !@#$

PogoAddictGuy

Quote from: Tara on November 15, 2006, 03:34:39 PM
In my opinion Pogo has just screwed up with all the gem stuff. For one thing, it's almost Christmas and alot of people on Pogo do buy badge books for their Pogo friends for gifts. With the gem thing you can't do anything like that, which really surprises me that they didn't do it differently.

Next thing, making the gem stuff only available to certain Club Pogo Players, another major screw up. I can't believe they would do this. Money is money. It all spends the same no matter where you live.

If I were one of the members who lived outside the US and Canada, I would email and complain everyday. I would get all my friends to do the same thing. In every email I would make sure I told them how rude I thought the "jealous" comment was and how immature.

This is just my opinion on all of the crapola with the gems for now. I'm sure I will think of more later.

and also, the first day these gems were supposed to be out, somebody sold them for TOKENS and i bought everything. ???

Coral

i was looking forward to buying gems for friends for christmas and i couldnt belive that you couldnt gift them.  they could have made a bundle i think if they allowed you to do this.  i know i would have spent about $50 on them and im just one person. 

gator8_24

I went ahead and bought the only album still available to give as a gift for my friend , thinking that they will no longer be available to give as gifts.

Stinkerbell

I originally thought it might be because Pogo couldn't handle the currency exchange but then I had a V-8 moment and remembered that these are people who already pay for their pogo subscription anyway so there's really no good reason at all that they cannot buy the gems, no bad reason either.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview