PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:38:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

HELP ME!!! I need puppy potty training help!

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!  This is my first little boy puppy and it's like he plans to sneak a quick leak on the carpet!  HELP!!!!!!!!!    :OO

zeboo

I haven't had a puppy in a while but I did breed bassett hounds take them out often specially after they eat praise them when they do go out side and if they piddle on carpet take them to the spot rub nose in spot they made and say bad puppy do not hit the puppy or else they will not understand and then they get to where they yank head back and flinch as if afraid. you do not want this..gl with your new puppy it doesn't take long to potty train

notmypogoname

The crate was my best friend when I was training my boy dog.  You just have to be prepared to listen to the crying.  After a while he'll learn to love it (mine wants to sleep in his crate every night now).

Also, I did not react when he made a mess in the house (other than to clean it up), but got all excited jumping around clapping my hands when he went outside.  Neighbors thought I was crazy but what else is new.

Puppies are more work than babies!

Stinkerbell

Thank you for the suggestions!  We are using a crate, but it's also tough to let him roam because he immediately starts sniffing!

;::

TmT

:))) Uh be Brave and let him see where and how u pee pee... then tell him.. your turn...  :))  Do that 3xs a day...for 7 days... and I promise you... he will  VV to follow u in the bathroom  ;:: on scheduled trained times....

I had a puppy and everytime I went to tinkle he would follow me to the bathroom... so I put paper on the floor in the bathroom for him... He honestly started tinklin in the bathroom.... thing is... I got tired of changin his paper...

Yep... so I started takin him outside mo' and showed him out there how he should use the bathroom... ((Shut up Tara))  :)))  Gawd I feel like such an  :o0 right about now for postin this crazy advice...

notmypogoname

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 22, 2006, 04:23:47 PM
Thank you for the suggestions!  We are using a crate, but it's also tough to let him roam because he immediately starts sniffing!

I would only let mine roam outside, or for about 20 minutes after going if he was inside, then it was back in the crate.

Also, if you can have him be around other dogs who are potty trained and go out with them, that helps a lot IMO.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on November 23, 2006, 12:34:07 AM
:))) Uh be Brave and let him see where and how u pee pee... then tell him.. your turn...  :))  Do that 3xs a day...for 7 days... and I promise you... he will  VV to follow u in the bathroom  ;:: on scheduled trained times....

I had a puppy and everytime I went to tinkle he would follow me to the bathroom... so I put paper on the floor in the bathroom for him... He honestly started tinklin in the bathroom.... thing is... I got tired of changin his paper...

Yep... so I started takin him outside mo' and showed him out there how he should use the bathroom... ((Shut up Tara))  :)))  Gawd I feel like such an  :o0 right about now for postin this crazy advice...

Oh, sure... why not?  My kids don't give me privacy, my grandkids don't give my privacy... my husband chastises them for not giving me privacy, then he stands there talking to me too.  LOL  Why not the dog?  I have an idea!!  Let's sell tickets!!!  LOL

Thanks for the information advice!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview