Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Food Insecure

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

Just heard on the news that the govt. changing "hungry" to "food insecure"  Anyone else hear this for a full story info?  I just caught the end of the story. :)))

TmT

your pilgrim is eatin that corn like somebody is gonna take it away from him... guess he is "food insecure" lmfaoz

(typo .. you-your)

C~M

It doesn't matter to me what they call it, hungry is hungry. Most of us who can afford the internet can afford food, so we don't know hungry as most.  And to see you make the snickering smiley really pisses me off.  It doesn't matter what the government calls it because hungry people are hungry.

harley89

Have to agree hungry is hungry no matter what you call it.

gator8_24

Quote from: CrazyMan on November 24, 2006, 03:37:48 PM
It doesn't matter to me what they call it, hungry is hungry. Most of us who can afford the internet can afford food, so we don't know hungry as most.  And to see you make the snickering smiley really pisses me off.  It doesn't matter what the government calls it because hungry people are hungry.

That was not making fun of people going hungry. Lord knows it is huge problem all over the world. What I thought was the word change by the govt, just like they tried to call ketchup a vegetable.  Sometimes we try to be so politcally correct it gets down right silly and no offense meant by that word 'silly'.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on November 25, 2006, 08:10:40 AM
Quote from: CrazyMan on November 24, 2006, 03:37:48 PM

That was not making fun of people going hungry. Lord knows it is huge problem all over the world. What I thought was the word change by the govt, just like they tried to call ketchup a vegetable.  Sometimes we try to be so politcally correct it gets down right silly and no offense meant by that word 'silly'.

I understood what you were saying.  The DC bureau-nuts have nothing better to do than to sit around trying to find ways not to upset or offend people and frankly, that upsets and offends me.  LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview