PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:51:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My Mother (prayer request)

Started by Luna,

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

A few weeks ago I posted on here how ill my mother is. Well today we got the news from the Doctors. They said she has about 6 months to live. Possibly less. She suffers from lung problems and heart problems.Tomorrow they will be placing a tube in her lungs in hope to remove the fluids in there thats making one of her lungs float.The Doctor informed us that they arent sure if they will be able to remove enough to help her breathe somewhat better. Right now Im trying to do my best and not to cry. She is the last parent that I have left on this earth. I know theres no hope in asking God to spare her life. But Im asking and hoping that others would please ask God to take her peacefully with no pain.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Luna on November 30, 2006, 08:20:18 PM
A few weeks ago I posted on here how ill my mother is. Well today we got the news from the Doctors. They said she has about 6 months to live. Possibly less. She suffers from lung problems and heart problems.Tomorrow they will be placing a tube in her lungs in hope to remove the fluids in there thats making one of her lungs float.The Doctor informed us that they arent sure if they will be able to remove enough to help her breathe somewhat better. Right now Im trying to do my best and not to cry. She is the last parent that I have left on this earth. I know theres no hope in asking God to spare her life. But Im asking and hoping that others would please ask God to take her peacefully with no pain.

Sweet Luna, I'm so sorry for you and your mother.  You will both be in my prayers that, as you ask, the end will be peaceful and free of pain for you both.

Please keep us posted, and know we are here for you.

gator8_24

Oh Luna, so sorry about the diagnosis. You and your mom will still be in my prayers for God to take her peacefully and without pain suffering.

justahumping

I am so sorry ((Luna))  I hope the best for your mother and you. I lost my mother 10 years ago but she did not suffer much at all. That is my prayer for your mother

Homer

Sorry to hear this sad news. Hopefully she will not be in any pain.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Luna

Thank you all so much. I'm sitting here trying to get myself together so I can go to the hospital. My eyes are swollen and I'm trying to get them to go down. My mother does'nt want any of her family members to know that she is ill. Its hard enough to see her without letting her see my pain. I'm so torn on her wishes. Parts of me feel that her brothers and sisters should know. There are 6 of them. They just burried their father last yr and we buried our cousin a month or so ago. How do I NOT tell them? But I will honor her wishes. I told my daughter the news last night. She took it pretty hard. This is her last grandparent. Seems like the more I try to hold back my tears the harder it becomes. Its so hard to act like everything is ok when its NOT!!! How do I walk in her hospital room and "ACT" like Im okay? I can only be strong for so long. I hate knowing she's going to die. I went through the same thing with my father when I was younger. Im jumping out of my skin today everytime my cell phone rings. Im so afraid it will be bad news. Well guess I better get myself together and get my butt up to the hospital. Thank you all again for letting me vent.

LastCall@2

Hello Luna,
I feel your pain. I just lost my Mother,And I know what you are going threw
my Mother suffered a long time But finally God called her home And what I felt I could never explain, So listen to what I have to say Your Mother will not suffer any longer When it is time for her to leave this earth She will live forever in you and your children , Have no fear you will see her in a better place and with no pain Be strong and also take care of yourself I will say prayers for all of you God Bless and keep you on the right road we never die we live forever
and ever....

notmypogoname

I feel for you.  My mother is also ill, although not yet terminal.  My heart is truly with you.  If it's all right with you and her, I'll pray for peace, and an end to pain.

May the gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

bams68

So sorry to hear Luna to hear about your mom. I do hope she can get through this without any pain, and I know it's hard to hide ur feelings. I myself could never hide my tears, and it's ok to cry. It's only u expressing ur feelings and love for her and how much you will miss her. She will always be rite there with you my friend. To watch over you whenever she feels to, and to help you get over this unexplainable hurt you feel inside, that many of us carry for life.
No words could ever ease your pain, and I do pray that she fades without pain and she is greeted by all the ones she loved and has lost. May they all get together up there and enjoy the things they did.
Again I'm so sorry for ur pain and I hope you can understand that it's ok to cry dear.....it helps to let that out.  I know I will be doing alot of it soon I think - well I hope not but my mom has suffer'd two strokes this past summer and my dad tells me that she still is not doing well. I didn't need him to tell me cuz I know my mom and she just doesn't get it and does not do the things she needs to ...to help her body heal. I'm afraid the damage is far to gone to ever correct but if she could at least make the effort she could at least enjoy a few more years with her grandchildren who I know are gonna miss her terribly. My mom is a alcoholic and has been for years, she has serious heart probs and she stresses over everything, I do as well but she goes overboard and thats not good. I just tell her everytime I see her, that I worry about her and that I don't know what her Grandchildren are gonna do if they lose her. My son I know he's young and he'll never know what happen'd but my niece....who has already lost her father while she was only 7 months, has really have a bond with my mom, more like a mother n daughter bond. I worry about her and I am gonna cry for my niece.
My prayers are with you n family hun, take care and cry if you must....you'll see u'll feel abit better. Hugs -N- Stuff

Ur Deer Friend
bams

xgingerx

Luna

i cant say i know how you feel...but in ways i do...i have lost my mom and dad and two bro's..the pain is so deep...but we as a group are with you...vent,scream,yell, at us if it helps...

God will comfort you and your mom...my prayers are with you... 0:

Ginger

Ilovemyweims

Oh luna im so sorry to hear!!  Hugs to you and we will pray for you mother!!  Please cherish every minute you have left with her, they are precious!!  What i wouldnt give to have time with my parents again.  I lost min 2 weeks apart about 3 years ago, i still really miss them!! 

Luna

Thank you all for your kind words. Thought I would drop in for a moment before I head back up to the hospital. They have a tube in her chest cavity draining out alot of fluids thats being caused by cancer. Yesterday they used the tube to insert a form of glue in hopes of it filling in the damage to keep the fluids out. Well as of this morning her chest tube is still pouring out fluids. So its not looking too well right now. If it had worked it wouldve gave her an extra 6 months to live ,which wouldve been a total of 1 year. But as its standing right now the Doctors are saying that she might live until May. She's trying to be brave and strong. She's in alot of pain. They keep the medicines coming but nothing seems to be working. The oxygen is helping her with the emphazema(not sure on spelling) and the tubes in her chest is helping her to keep from drowning cause of the cancer. Ive been having to walk out of her room alot to dry my eyes when I start to break down. Trying not to show the hurt in front of her. Its so hard trying to stay strong in front of her. I cant even allow myself to cry when I get home cause my eyes will swell up too much. I havent had much sleep since last week. Im so tired and feeling sick to my stomach. I know its from the stress. I really dont know how much longer I can hold up. Im doing my best to put on a happy face when Im around her. She doesnt want anyone to pitty her. There are times when she starts to talk about when her time is up she doesnt want to be saved and hooked to machines. Her eyes will welp up with tears then she jumps into a different topic to make herself not cry. I do understand its hard for her. But at the same time I want so desperatly to grab her and hold tight and cry and cry and cry. Crap tears are coming out now. I gotta make it stop so she wont know Ive been crying. So I will go and pull myself together and get to the hospital. Again Thank You all for allowing me to vent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview