PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:32:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

suspended.....for BS

Started by trickygoddess,

Previous topic - Next topic

Torn2pieces

Best thing is to keep your mouth closed.  I never ever let anyone bug me on pogo. To me it's just words on a screen. They don't know me, nor me them. I could care less what they say to me.

Stinkerbell

And Pogo really has made it easy to tune out people you don't want to listen to or deal with so take advantage of that!!

Mary

badwheel

It's a shame that something that started out ok has come to this. But it's a double edge sword if you shut off chat and play well you're cheating and you have people looking at your stats. If you chat and offend someone your reported. I let them think I cheat because in todays world you need a book the size of war and peace to find whats politically correct for everyone in the room . Some one will always find something said offensive and I refuse to waste my time and enegy sitting there all day like a drone typing WTG GG GJ TY etc.

Homer

The other day I wasn't talking in bowling so the people in the room started asking me into private chat and I declined. Boy were they pissed I wouldn't answer them. :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Carol

Quote from: Chuuu on December 06, 2006, 10:15:39 AM
I usually just don't talk in rooms.  I keep the chat window open because I like to watch all the drama unfold.
Hee Hee.
<...>
LOL This is what I do too.  :)))

Very sorry to hear what happened to you though tricky.  :'((
Unfortunately, this is happening way too much!

notmypogoname

Quote from: badwheel on December 09, 2006, 07:38:08 PM
It's a shame that something that started out ok has come to this. But it's a double edge sword if you shut off chat and play well you're cheating and you have people looking at your stats. If you chat and offend someone your reported. I let them think I cheat because in todays world you need a book the size of war and peace to find whats politically correct for everyone in the room . Some one will always find something said offensive and I refuse to waste my time and enegy sitting there all day like a drone typing WTG GG GJ TY etc.

You know what drives me nuts is that I don't know what half that stuff means.  I'm still trying to figure out what "nt" means in bowling.   

I was advised by someone on this forum to stay in uncensored rooms and that works pretty well for me.  Either everyone is on auto (LOL) or they're all trying to pick each other up and not paying attention to anything else.  I love the chat room Casanovas.  LOL.

sae7088

nt = nice turkey

i always have chat turned off now when playing, most people now adays are so rude that I just dont care to speak to anyone anymore. I have already got one acct banned for speaking my mind to a bunch of A-holes that were sore loosers in Canasta and Pinochle.

Ilovemyweims

next time some one start yelling at you just say BLAH BLAH BLAH YOUR A DIRTY WHORE!!  lol its my new line!!

gator8_24

Quote from: sae7088 on December 11, 2006, 08:29:38 AM
nt = nice turkey

i always have chat turned off now when playing, most people now adays are so rude that I just dont care to speak to anyone anymore. I have already got one acct banned for speaking my mind to a bunch of A-holes that were sore loosers in Canasta and Pinochle.

lol, I thought nt meant 'nice throw' as it is used more often than pple get turkeys.  The first time I saw that Icouldn't figure it out.  Now if I get  turkey and comment is made I do say ty, and nothing more.

BadgeBabe

I'd rather have something really awful like a colon exam or projectile vomiting than chat with a stranger in Pogo!!!
NOT SAFE, especially for people who cheat. Pogo can audit our Java logs at any time for any reason, and if you get mad and take it out on Pogo, they might do more than a 72 hour suspension.

BTW, they do NOT pick and choose who they give a time out to. IF you are reported and the chat log exists with YOUR screen name on it saying something obscene, racist or otherwise really horrid, then they have you dead to rights.
Chances are, they got the other player too if he was using the same language. The chat log is automatically recording everyone's chat on Pogo.

Homer

Well the person who started this topic used a very bad and derogatory word in chat. That is why they were suspended. You can't tell which words were used because they were bad enough that the forum censor got them.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Sorry , but then that means to expect a suspension.  I have yet to read any thing that would result in a suspension, at least I didn't see it if it occured. I like to go to the 50+rooms, they are a bit calmer  :))

badwheel

Quote from: Iwanttowin2 on December 11, 2006, 02:11:58 PM
BTW, they do NOT pick and choose who they give a time out to. IF you are reported and the chat log exists with YOUR screen name on it saying something obscene, racist or otherwise really horrid, then they have you dead to rights.
Chances are, they got the other player too if he was using the same language. The chat log is automatically recording everyone's chat on Pogo

On that note remember even private chat shows on that log. So even if you and a friend go private to discuss whoever it is in room and use any kind of language to describe them like something that begins with A and ends with hole if he is reported you may get suspended too. Pogo says they cannot differentiate between main chat and private chat. Just ask me that was how i got a 3 day time out from Pogo and worse part was we had no clue what was going on in main chat was about 4 of us joking around in private but main chat was reported so we got nailed too.

samara

I have a friend who always tracks me down in where I am playing and she is always using the Sh*t word and I ask her to stop but she doesn't seem to care. Now some of the rooms are 40 to 50 people full so I am waiting for the day she gets a suspension then she will ask WHY!!!!!!!!!! I don"t like doing it but now I have her on block and I find her when I want to. P.S. I don't talk to anyone but by geez you read some damn go fights LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview