PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:52:09 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need everybodies input!!!!

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

I'll make this as short as possible. My neice had a baby when she was about 15. She put the baby up for adoption which was the right thing to do. The couple that adopted her insisted on a open adoption which means this child has always known she was adopted and knows her birth family.  Yesterday (12/18) she came to visit my mother and spend time with her half brothers.  Her parents both work for Delta. The problem is my Father does not know this child exists.  I never thought it was my place to tell him.  This child is now 13 years old and plans to come back next summer and wants to meet my Father. He is 78 and loves children. I have been given the job of telling him. I just don't know how to do it. For the first time in my life I am at a lost for words.  It will be hard for my Dad to understand that she has a family that loves her and while she loves and knows us we are not a part of her daily life.  Her birth family lives in Georgia and she lives in Colorado. Any ideas on how to approach this will be appreicated

bluebell1us

Being a person who is a firm believer in honesty, just tell him gently aand straight forward.  Don't know of any easy ways for you, but will keep you in my prayers. 0:

apple

hi there isnt going to be an easy way bu if he a good man he will understand greatly u just have to tell him in the gentlest way possible
it is so hard for u so sorry u have to go through this dotn do it with an audience though as he will feel over powered

bams68

I'm sure if you tell him the truth and at his age of 78, he has the wisdom to know that all it was done with the concern of the child and I'm sure he'll love to meet this lil angel.
My sister adopted 3 native girls and the mother of these girls had a fourth girl and my sister was unable to have another to care for, and sadly to say the fourth child passed in a horrible accident at the age of 3 or 4 I think. My sister who looks after these girls explained to them that there sister who they never knew hardly passed away and they took it ok but I think it was because they never knew her. Maybe when they get older they might have sum grief over it, but I think what's important here is that they were aware of what happen'd and they will learn to know that my sister thought it was rite to let them know that they had another sister and sadly she passed. I think my sister has still feelings that if she would have took her it would have never happen'd but sumtimes these things are out of our hands and we just have to face them head on and try to do the best we can, and I think honesty is the best thing to start off with. I'm sure he'll enjoy meeting this girl and I hope they enjoy sum times together of what they have left. I hope all works out for you. I know my story was not exactly what yours is about but I think honesty is the best thing an I'm sure he'll see that. I hope so anyway.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

xgingerx

All Fathers understand in there own way...God made them that way..
at 78 he is a wise man and will Love this child...what a great x-mas it will be for him to know there is one more Angel in the family...read him the "Night before Christmas story...

and add the girl in...Santa works in many ways... <<>

God Bless

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview