PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:24:12 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Applying for Beta Tester- Will my account be audited?

Started by SakuraDelia,

Previous topic - Next topic

SakuraDelia

I'd like to apply to be a Beta Tester on Pogo, but it says "Our screening process is very rigorous.". Does that mean they audit the accounts of beta testers? I don't use autos much, just for a badge here and there, but still I don't want to be auditted.  ;:"

DitzyChick

I don't know much about audits, sorry.  But here's the link for anyone who wants more info on filling out an application

Nevermind, it says I must remove the link when I posted it????????  But it's on the pogo home page if you would like to find it.

SakuraDelia

Yeah, I saw the Intro on the Pogo page. That's where it says "Our screening process is very rigorous." But does that mean auditing? I don't want to lose my account because I applied to be a Beta Tester.

BadgeBabe

I can speak from my personal experience. I was not audited when I applied to be a Beta tester, nor was I  audited when I was accepted to be a Beta tester nor during the 6 months or so when I tested new games.
BTW, just checked and I am STILL a Beta tester, LOL. Have been since July.

And there was plenty of obvious cheating on my Pogo account to be found if they were looking, namely some really astronomical Word Jong scores ( by accident) in addition to the repetition they apparently look for with autos. Plenty of that of course.

Use of appropriate, sophisticated linguistics and use of tech- appropriate language in your application seems to woo them faster than a PICK MEE!!!!! because I LUV POGO!!!! type of app, FWIW..

GLTA, hope to see us all in beta testing. :)

SakuraDelia

Thank you, Iwantowin2! That's exactly what I wanted to hear.  ))) I'm going to apply.

bluebell1us

I got an invitation today to become a beta tester, and came to the forumn to get info on it.  I didn't even have to ask, you have already helped me.  Thanks for the info <...> <...>

greendog

mr.clean

no you don'nt have too be a club member ...   seems like they did'nt check anything

gigi

Just finished my application. GL 2 ME  ;::
I did think is was funny ..... in one of the "don't do this or else list" was
Agree not to use exploits or cheats while in the program

So............... my guess is just don't cheat when you beta test - the rest of the time they really could care less

BadgeBabe

ROFLOL, HOW did they know I tried existing cheats out :ooo :o :o :))) :))) :)) :)) :)) :))???
I tried using one of the WW cheats which unscrambles words in Word Craft, didn't work of course.
Tried using the SS auto on Hog Heaven, didn't work, of course.

Don't even try it.. none of the autos work with unreleased games as far as I know. I think I tried every single one which I thought would work.

Oh, and when they had the Poppit game where you pressed 2 hot keys to get all the balloons to line up to test the new premium mini items? The Poppit cheat would not work at all either, LOLOL.

Footnote- the cheats aren't SUPPOSED to work on unreleased games- I was just goofing with the possibilities. 

BadgeBabe

Quote from: bluebell1us on December 20, 2006, 10:05:08 AM
I got an invitation today to become a beta tester, and came to the forumn to get info on it.  I didn't even have to ask, you have already helped me.  Thanks for the info <...> <...>

OK, call me dumb, but what do you mean by " an invitation"?
They haven't stopped Beta testing with my group, so they haven't picked the next group of testers yet.
Do you mean that you filled out the application on the Pogo site?

gigi

I got the invitation through an email and after filling out the application I was told I would be approved/denied in 2 to 3 weeks....... so maybe you are losing your job???????  I'm not counting on being approved only because there are probably hundreds of ppl like me who got invites

BadgeBabe

LOL, probably not, since I have multiple Club Pogo accounts, and know exactly what they want on the apps.

I like previewing the games and playing them in Beta, so I am hoping to be joining you and others in new Beta in January. :)

gigi

I sure hope so...... and thanks for the heads up on what "not" to write.  I can't really remember ever saying Pick meeeeeeeeeeeeee.... except for maybe once in gym class :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview