PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:39:01 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I don't get this

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Hoping someone can explain a bumper sticker I saw today. Driving me crazy cause I didnt understand it

Merry Meets & Merry Parts Then merry Meets Again

I was 4 hours late taking my meds today and maybe that is why I am missing the meaning.  Does anyone get it

Tara

Jewel

I just looked it up. 

"Merry Meet / Merry Part"

From Terri Paajanen,
Your Guide to Pagan / Wiccan Religion.

Definition: These two expressions are sometimes used as a greeting, and a farewell. I'm not sure of the origins of the saying, though. Sometimes it is extended to "Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again".

I also saw this on another page:

So merry meet- for we are all of the same family. And merry part- for our paths will follow their own tracks; sometimes together, and sometimes separately. And merry meet again- for we always will.

who me?

A paste of what I found about it  :o

At the beginning, when preparations are made and ritual space is created, many Wiccans exchange the greeting 'Merry meet'. At the conclusion of the rite, when the Circle has been opened, an extension of this greeting ('The Circle is open yet unbroken.... Merry meet, merry part, and MERRY MEET AGAIN!') is sometimes used as a resolving seal upon the entire event. It is often pleasantly echoed by joyful hugs and shared warmth.

When used in the context of a greeting outside such rites, the words 'Merry meet' or 'Merry part' are an acknowledgement of the sacred space that we live in and the coming together and separation of each of our individual Circles. Each seemingly separate person is a Circle (and Point) of consciousness. We are a sacred space-time-consciousness and our acts are magical acts (especially those which are consciously witnessed).

Through the use of these traditional greetings we invoke the balanced centeredness of ritual and acknowledge the interpenetration, the unity, of our life and its magick.

harley89

Thank you all I was losing it cause I didnt get it. With all the reading I have done on religious practice including Wiccan and paganism I never read that part.

swamp

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview