This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone else had this happen to them.

Started by daveandjenn2002,

Previous topic - Next topic

daveandjenn2002

I was playing Texas Hold Em last night with a friend of mine.  We were the ones who started the table and we were talking about the Super Bowl.  As the table filled up, everyone started talking about it.  Well, some lady came in, sat down and while we were still talking about it, basically asked us to stop talking about the Super Bowl because she was sick of hearing about it, wasn't a football fan, blah, blah, blah.  Well, we politely told her that it was our table and if she didn't like it, she could start a new topic of conversation.  To which she started going off, threatening to turn us into Pogo and how we were rude, etc.

It's kind of funny because none of us were rude to her, but she just flipped out all because she didn't like what people were talking about. 

Anyone else had this happen?

Ms.Behavin

oh yes many times. There are alot of psychos on pogo. I have had a few stalkers. I was even banned for laughing at somesone dirty joke in an uncensored room. I hardly ever chat anymore. Too many problems with it.

harley89

Pogo is most certainly the looney bin capital.  I never chat because it leads to trouble. You got stalkers you got the griever's and you got the ones who just try to push people so they can report them.  Yours sounds like a griever.  In Pogo chat at your own risk to strangers. Stick with your friends are use the mute button

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bams68

Well I love to chat as I play and so far never had a problem. However it did come close the other day, as sum lady began to talk about the war and all and no one said a thing, everyone went silent. So then she said u are all clueless and don't know a thing (sumthing like that) I then replied saying that in my opinion people come to play games and get away from the problems in the real world. Form of relaxation. She then went on again and again, jus flooding the room with all stuff about the war. Sum asked her to change the subject and then she asked questions and stuff about if we knew anyone in the war...an I said no. She said you wouldn't care cuz ur from Canada and said go figures ur own Goverment didn't even wanna help us...I"m like hmmm ok. then I said well I refuse to comment because I refuse to talk about sumthing we all have different feelings over. Sum agree'd with me and eventually the lady left. Anywho it was all good.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Torn2pieces

I honestly would of just ignored her. I notice alot of rude individuals in Texas Holdem. There can be some nasty fights going on - in some of those tables.

It's best to ignore and just continue doing what you're doing.

daveandjenn2002

Quote from: Torn2pieces on February 03, 2007, 01:21:09 PM
I honestly would of just ignored her. I notice alot of rude individuals in Texas Holdem. There can be some nasty fights going on - in some of those tables.

It's best to ignore and just continue doing what you're doing.

At first we kind of did, but she kept saying over and over "Can't we talk about something else."  and "no one cares about the Super Bowl".  At first, we just laughed and kept going, but it got annoying after awhile.  That's when we asked her to start a new topic and her first response was "Well, I certainly don't want to talk about the Super Bowl".  I answered "Well, duh"  and from there, it was on.

She threatened to report us to Pogo, even though not one person ever used a cuss word at any point, so it's not like they'd do anything, but it just annoys me to think that there are people out there on Pogo who have nothing better to do than tell others what they should or shouldn't do and what they should or shouldn't talk about.  I don't like having chat off, especially in a room where I have friends, but that was ridiculous last night.

aussie_wombat

HI!!!
I am an aussie and cop a lot abuse and really bad attitudes from a lot of players in pogo.  I had my profile set with the info stating I was aussie.  I changed that and now I only get abuse if some one actually asks me where I am from.  Most of the time if i am asked where I am I just reply "at home".  Then I just iggy the player who is annoying me.    As for the super bowl (or any other subject) if I don't like the subject I either leave the table or iggy the person who is babbling on.  However if I have set the table and I get someone like that I tell them they are now going on iggy and they usually stop.  A lot of the time I don't actually put them on iggy tho because I like to make sure they are not bad mouthing anyone at the table or in the game I happen to be in.

Cheater4Life

maybe she was a chicago fanatic and was mad about them losing and playing like crap...lol

Zena

Quote from: aussie_wombat on February 04, 2007, 01:29:46 AM
HI!!!
I am an aussie and cop a lot abuse and really bad attitudes from a lot of players in pogo.  I had my profile set with the info stating I was aussie.  I changed that and now I only get abuse if some one actually asks me where I am from.  Most of the time if i am asked where I am I just reply "at home".  Then I just iggy the player who is annoying me.    As for the super bowl (or any other subject) if I don't like the subject I either leave the table or iggy the person who is babbling on.  However if I have set the table and I get someone like that I tell them they are now going on iggy and they usually stop.  A lot of the time I don't actually put them on iggy tho because I like to make sure they are not bad mouthing anyone at the table or in the game I happen to be in.

I have to ask.....what does "iggy" mean?

Luna

Quote from: Zena on February 07, 2007, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: aussie_wombat on February 04, 2007, 01:29:46 AM
HI!!!

I have to ask.....what does "iggy" mean?

"Iggy" means you put them on mute. Basically you ignore them by doing that

patandmegan

I love that mute button.  I believe everyone is entitled to his or her opinion - I just don't have to listen to it! :)))

Pat

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview