PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:56:52 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I Need your guys opinion

Started by liebe_angel,

Previous topic - Next topic

liebe_angel

with all the plasma, projections and the LCD t.v which one do you recommend and why ? I am looking to buy one but am so confused with all the selection out there all I want is a large screen with a great picture and is going to last a long time. please I need your advice. :&

harley89

Just went through that last Nov. Had culture shock when I went to the store. TV didn't look like TVs any more.  What I bought was a 37" plasmas.  One thing you should do. Look at the repair cost.  (  if I understood it all correctly ) Plasmas require a teck to replace the bulbs which cost about  $350  LCD are a DYI don't remember the cost. As far as the picture quality I really couldn't see a difference between the 2 and they were playing side by side. I bought the plasmas one because it was cheaper than the LCD because of the sale.  The one I bought works great. As far as how long it last we shall see.   

sd1619

I went through the same thing 3 years ago.  I did a lot of research on the internet and then headed off to circuit city for their opinion.  They actually talked me out of a plasma and I ended up with a Panasonic 43" rear projection LCD.  They told me that an LCD tv will last longer then a plasma tv.  I know since I've gotten mine, the price has come down a lot on them.  I'm very happy with it though.  Good Luck.

liebe_angel

thanks you two. I think I will go with the LCD still not sure still doing all my researching.

S/H/Z/G

Plasmas show true to life color and great picture.  LCD's show very sharp image but not as true in color.  You can really notice the difference in how the two show black.  Plasma shows true black, LCD does not.   O+O

So for this reason I decided on a 42 inch Philips plasma. 

I'm not worried about the cost of repairs.  By the time my tv needs a replacement of that type in it, these high def tv's will have come down in price enough that replacing the tv instead of repairing a component will be reasonable. 

For now I'll stick with plasmas until LCD's can fix their color quality. 

S/H/Z/G

Oh and FYI,

Projection screens are not true high def.

Unless your tv specifies 1080 I HDMI, it's not high def. 

Also if you want true high def picture through your cable you need the hdmi cable that runs about $100.  Sometimes you can get lucky and your new set will come w/this cable, but not often. 

And........unless you have an HDMI dvd player, none of your dvd's will be viewed in true 1080 I.  Once the winner comes out between HDMI and bluray dvd players is when I plan to make my purchase of a true high def dvd player.  Hopefully by then, they won't cost $1,000.

I have direct TV.  Come the summer there will be 150 high def channels.  Used to have commiecast.  Seems they can't come close to what direct tv is offereing in high def. 

S/H/Z/G

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview