This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hoedown Game

Started by CowboysFan2004,

Previous topic - Next topic

CowboysFan2004

simply make a Whose Line is it Anyway Hoedown about anyone!

ill start:

i love Pogo, i love it all the time
but id really love it more if i win a dime
its not fair, i want the Big Bucks
because winning things like Wallpaper....sucks!

:))

fiz

Pogo is really fun, Pogo is really neat.
I play it all the time, it's my favorite treat.
My autos do most of the work, because they just do,
I hope someday to get all my badges, and I hope you do too.

CowboysFan2004

[as George W. Bush]

i am president, i rule this land
i rule it with me and my band
i dont care what anyone says about a certain place
or ill spray you with alot of lace!

:)) :)) :))

is that allowed?

renee

i just might be dick cheaney
or pretending just for fun
if you want to find out
put your face in front of my gun.

CowboysFan2004

[as Spike the Cactus]

im a Pogo mascot, i do it everyday,
watching people pop balloons in almost every way.
why do i stand, i can tell you why:
if i sit down everyone will see me cry!

:)) :))

swamp

i am just a country boy
i love to play with my toys 
when i hunt my gators  i have my shotgun and french fried taters 

CowboysFan2004

[as Homer Simpson]

im well known on this great Earth
as a man with a wife who had given birth...
to 3 kids, but i feel alone
thankfully, i feel better as i have a clone.

:))

Monkey

Ms.Behavin

lmao! I hope Kitty did not give her any sleeping pills, he!! we will never see her again.  :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

TmT

Quote from: Monkey on April 17, 2007, 03:21:47 PM
Hoedown? Where's Tokens?  ???
I was wonderin where is your mama?Hoedown? Hmmm

Tara

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on April 26, 2007, 12:59:45 PM

LMMFAO...I wanted to say where's Tokens too.  Sorry sista but ...you know how it is.. :-*

TmT

Quote from: I'm Invisible ...See? on April 28, 2007, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on April 26, 2007, 12:59:45 PM

LMMFAO...I wanted to say where's Tokens too.  Sorry sista but ...you know how it is.. :-*
Sit on you too.......lol and I dont mean "sit"... Im not a hoe... why you keep thinking that.. I jus like sayin b/s stuff cuz its fun... I never had sex in my life... I adopted my 2 girls...and my husband always used his hand ...  I dont even know what sex is....

TmT

OOPz now Cowboy is here... Im sorry cowboy.... I will play your game right... lemme look at the rules

ok..back.. I read it... I jus dont know how to be a "hoedown"... << shut up Monkey and Tara>>

Tara

I didn't say you were a ho.... I can't help it that when I saw that topic you were the first thing to pop in my mind. :((

This new name of mine is driving me nuts because it's just to damn long.

TmT

CowboysFan2004

its a type of song. you may want to see the improv-comedy show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" to understand the game better.  O0

TmT

Quote from: CowboysFan2004 on April 28, 2007, 10:01:02 PM
its a type of song. you may want to see the improv-comedy show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" to understand the game better.  O0
Tyvm for bein so kind... sad to say but I never seen that show :(  I watch movies a lot and the tv is always on but I dont watch too much tv.... I have cable too... lol

CowboysFan2004

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on April 28, 2007, 10:14:38 PM
Quote from: CowboysFan2004 on April 28, 2007, 10:01:02 PM
Tyvm for bein so kind... sad to say but I never seen that show :(  I watch movies a lot and the tv is always on but I dont watch too much tv.... I have cable too... lol

Wikipedia.com's a good way to find info about both Whose Line is it Anyway and Hoedowns. ;)

pogo_gamer

Home game hoedowns
2007-04-30
Brian Pedersen
Ah, the friendly neighborhood poker game.

Long a staple of suburban life, guys have always enjoyed gathering together in each other's garages, rec rooms or basements to shoot the breeze, drink some beer and maybe clean their buddy out of a few piles of nickels.

Then the poker boom happened, and now home game poker has become a lot more serious.

Well, at least the money has.

Home-based poker clubs and leagues have popped up like buffel grass over the last four or five years, as every Tom, Dick, Jane and Jose has decided they want to be a pro.

Some groups have a regular game, same night and place every week or two. Some switch around the location, whether to accommodate a spread-out group of regular players or because certain spouses can only handle the invasion of their home every so often.

But no matter where the game is played or how much it costs, the atmosphere never varies. Messy food, adult beverages and bad beat stories abound are always a part of the equation.

As are the wide array of, ahem, characters you'll find playing.

Though I'm no expert — this isn't minor league hockey mascots or Nine Inch Nails song lyrics we're talking about, here — here's an idea of some of the standard personalities you'll find at a home game based on my experience.

1. The Overly Serious Guy. His wardrobe always includes hat and sunglasses, and either the shirt or hat (or both) has the logo of some poker website. He takes an inordinately long amount of time to decide every move, even to check from the big blind. He absolutely refuses to look at his cards until it's his turn to act (he's too busy trying to get a read on you and look into your soul to glance at them ahead of time), so therefore he becomes the speed bump that prevents your table from having any sort of pace to it. There's very little talking from this guy, too, because he's not there to chat, he's there to win it all, the first step on his road to greatness. Today, Bill's den, tomorrow ... the world!

2. The Guy Who Would Have Won Almost Every Hand ... Had He Not Folded. "Oh my gosh, I had queen-five, I'd have totally taken all your chips ... had I not folded." Those last four words sum up this guy. Doesn't matter what the scenario, what the situation is, at some point he's going to blurt out what cards he was holding. Doing this from time to time, sure, ok, especially if you had trouble laying down those cards and now you're really regretting it. But announcing to the table that you'd have rivered a runner-runner straight had you just A) called pre-flop with 4-8 offsuit and then B) stuck around on the flop when you had no pair and no draw. If this guy is anywhere close to you at the table, pray the battery on your iPod doesn't run out.

3. The First-Hour Phenom. A graduate of the ATC (Any Two Cards) school of poker, this guy is an absoluate maniac. Betting, calling, raising, bluffing, he's all over the place. If you deal to him, he'll play the hand. If he doesn't get himself knocked out in the first five minutes — not usually the case, these guys are usually the ones that bust out a bunch of people early on in some of the sickest ways imaginable. As a result, he's managed to amass an enormous pile of chips right off the bat, and with this early rush of good fortune their maniacal persona gets laced with an air of overconfidence ... and then suddenly they've flushed it all away. They don't get anywhere close to finishing in the money, and it's not just because they've had enough free drinks to water the lawn with. It's because they're not good, but because they won a lot early, they feel they're indestructible, but they eventually find out otherwise.

4. The Enigma. Also known as the How Did This Guy Get So Far? Guy. If you could see his cards every hand maybe you'd getting a better understanding of his approach to his game. Instead you have to base everything off the times he does show his cards. And all this leads you wonder is whether he suffered some sort of stroke earlier in the evening based on his seemingly complete lack of any basic playing strategy. He folds when he should call, calls when he should fold, checks when he's got a chance to steal the pot. Betting out? Not likely. Raising? Only with the stone-cold nuts, but even then he might just call. Of course, one of these guys always ends up getting deep into the money, despite times when they'll muck 10 hands in a row with a very short stack, then fold nearly half their stack when in the big blind, then call out of the small blind (leaving them with next to no chips) with something like 6-2 ... and winning!

5. The Comic Foil. This is the guy who serves as the main source of humor throughout the night. Whether it be because of his jokes (almost always of the blue variety), his fashion sense (funky sunglasses, weird poker-related tattoos, outlandish on-table chip protectors), his overly talkative persona, or some combination, this guy at least prevents the game from being interesting. All of this flair, so to speak, is usually meant to help mask bad play, so how long they stick around sometimes depends on how badly everyone else at the table wants to keep hearing him babble.

There are many more characters to be found at home games, but these are the ones that stand out most to me. So, the next time your buddy calls you up and says they're putting together a poker game, be on the lookout for some of these personas. Also, try and see if you fit any of these descriptions.

That's all for now, poker lovers!

Monkey

Quote from: pogo_gamer on May 11, 2007, 03:10:50 AM
Home game hoedowns
2007-04-30
Brian Pedersen
Ah, the friendly neighborhood poker game.

Long a staple of suburban life, guys have always enjoyed gathering together in each other's garages, rec rooms or basements to shoot the ze, drink some beer and maybe clean their buddy out of a few piles of nickels.

Then the poker boom happened, and now home game poker has become a lot more serious.

Well, at least the money has.

Home-based poker clubs and leagues have popped up like buffel grass over the last four or five years, as every Tom, Dick, Jane and Jose has decided they want to be a pro.

Some groups have a regular game, same night and place every week or two. Some switch around the location, whether to accommodate a spread-out group of regular players or because certain spouses can only handle the invasion of their home every so often.

But no matter where the game is played or how much it costs, the atmosphere never varies. Messy food, adult beverages and bad beat stories abound are always a part of the equation.

As are the wide array of, ahem, characters you'll find playing.

Though I'm no expert — this isn't minor league hockey mascots or Nine Inch Nails song lyrics we're talking about, here — here's an idea of some of the standard personalities you'll find at a home game based on my experience.

1. The Overly Serious Guy. His wardrobe always includes hat and sunglasses, and either the shirt or hat (or both) has the logo of some poker website. He takes an inordinately long amount of time to decide every move, even to check from the big blind. He absolutely refuses to look at his cards until it's his turn to act (he's too busy trying to get a read on you and look into your soul to glance at them ahead of time), so therefore he becomes the speed bump that prevents your table from having any sort of pace to it. There's very little talking from this guy, too, because he's not there to chat, he's there to win it all, the first step on his road to greatness. Today, Bill's den, tomorrow ... the world!

2. The Guy Who Would Have Won Almost Every Hand ... Had He Not Folded. "Oh my gosh, I had queen-five, I'd have totally taken all your chips ... had I not folded." Those last four words sum up this guy. Doesn't matter what the scenario, what the situation is, at some point he's going to blurt out what cards he was holding. Doing this from time to time, sure, ok, especially if you had trouble laying down those cards and now you're really regretting it. But announcing to the table that you'd have rivered a runner-runner straight had you just A) called pre-flop with 4-8 offsuit and then B) stuck around on the flop when you had no pair and no draw. If this guy is anywhere close to you at the table, pray the battery on your iPod doesn't run out.

3. The First-Hour Phenom. A graduate of the ATC (Any Two Cards) school of poker, this guy is an absoluate maniac. Betting, calling, raising, bluffing, he's all over the place. If you deal to him, he'll play the hand. If he doesn't get himself knocked out in the first five minutes — not usually the case, these guys are usually the ones that bust out a bunch of people early on in some of the sickest ways imaginable. As a result, he's managed to amass an enormous pile of chips right off the bat, and with this early rush of good fortune their maniacal persona gets laced with an air of overconfidence ... and then suddenly they've flushed it all away. They don't get anywhere close to finishing in the money, and it's not just because they've had enough free drinks to water the lawn with. It's because they're not good, but because they won a lot early, they feel they're indestructible, but they eventually find out otherwise.

4. The Enigma. Also known as the How Did This Guy Get So Far? Guy. If you could see his cards every hand maybe you'd getting a better understanding of his approach to his game. Instead you have to base everything off the times he does show his cards. And all this leads you wonder is whether he suffered some sort of stroke earlier in the evening based on his seemingly complete lack of any basic playing strategy. He folds when he should call, calls when he should fold, checks when he's got a chance to steal the pot. Betting out? Not likely. Raising? Only with the stone-cold nuts, but even then he might just call. Of course, one of these guys always ends up getting deep into the money, despite times when they'll muck 10 hands in a row with a very short stack, then fold nearly half their stack when in the big blind, then call out of the small blind (leaving them with next to no chips) with something like 6-2 ... and winning!

5. The Comic Foil. This is the guy who serves as the main source of humor throughout the night. Whether it be because of his jokes (almost always of the blue variety), his fashion sense (funky sunglasses, weird poker-related tattoos, outlandish on-table chip protectors), his overly talkative persona, or some combination, this guy at least prevents the game from being interesting. All of this flair, so to speak, is usually meant to help mask bad play, so how long they stick around sometimes depends on how badly everyone else at the table wants to keep hearing him babble.

There are many more characters to be found at home games, but these are the ones that stand out most to me. So, the next time your buddy calls you up and says they're putting together a poker game, be on the lookout for some of these personas. Also, try and see if you fit any of these descriptions.

That's all for now, poker lovers!

..Yeah...... I'm not readin' all that. Especially since Bree is mentioned in there.  :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview