PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:45:34 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Titanic passengers list!

Started by ICER,

Previous topic - Next topic

ICER

This site has for free- one week viewing of the doomed Titanic passengers list, this is the first time online this list.
I like to read about history and I also downloaded all this to my PC...will copy to a disk and give to grandson would be a very good school report subject on these poor souls.
There are two lists..one from Port of Southampton April 10,1912 (27 page views).
The other list is Port of Queenstown April 11,1912 (7 page views).
The site is congested today..plus you have to register to use (any email and name FAKE IT) also you need to d/l their viewer a small download.
link: http://www.findmypast.com/HomeServlet

Not all into this I know..but some here might be interested.Have a nice weekend all! O0

liebe_angel

Thank-you for posting this piece of history it was very interesting now I got to get to printing lol

ICER

I tried to save to disk..but it saves it as the viewer format that you download to view the pages (which is not good to copy to a CD-RW disk for me).

So what I did was make a folder called Titanic and exported the files (pages) to this folder..took a while tho (34 pages total) but better this way for me to either make one complete file or add all to another disk. Printing it would run my ink level down and the ink cost more then the printer! :))

liebe_angel

that's what I did printing it would be a big pain in the  :o0

a-dhold

please give more detail on how you exported to save the images -- it only allowed me to save or print.

ICER

a-dhold...First make a folder in My Documents name it Titanic whatever.
On the image right click-a list shows
Click on File-another list shows
Click on-Export to file
A small window will show
At top choose where to save (My Documents/Titanic)
At bottom rename file to (page1) or whatever you want
Click -ok
Files are saved in BMP format
Use any graphic viewer to view..having zoom in/out fuctions is a plus with viewer

Since I'm English/Irish I found this list very interesting. Have a Uncle with same last name as a passenger and will try to do a background search on him.
Passenger:Denis Lennon-age 21- country:Ireland-Profession:general laborer-Traveling alone 3rd class-boarded the Titantic 2nd stop April 11,1912 in Port of Queenstown,Ireland for a 17 day voyage to NYC. He had a dream to live in America at the age of 21..but he made only 1 day of that 17day voyage...since a male at 21 I don't think he made it.RIP

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview