PlayBuddy
August 08, 2024, 10:14:04 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PayPal

Started by LastCall@2,

Previous topic - Next topic

LastCall@2

Hello
I am giving you fair warning on PAYPal I recieved an e-mail
that looked just like (paypal) saying I bought a camera, I called
PAYPAL as soon as possible The amount was $370.00 for a lens and camera.
This was a spoof<<<<<< if you pay by PAYPAL go and change your password
and your security code ASAP the e-mail looked original.  But it was not
I hope this post will let you look at your paypal account
Thank You....

Homer

This is one of the longest running scams in the history of the internet. Never click on links in these emails either. It will take you to a fake website where they harvest all your info and take any money you might have. I believe paypal has an email address you can forward these messages to.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

Things like this have been going around for years now.

If it's fake, you just have to make sure not to enter your info in the "link" the email gives.

Edit: Whoops.. Homer basically restated the same thing I said  :)))  :-X

LastCall@2

I didnt enter any info My comp said it was phishing ;:"  lol site
I never ever got one before, I just did not know about it I just made sure I called PAYPAL
and all is well now.  It just looked so real to me, Thank God my comp caught it  Sorry folks
I did not know you knew,       >:((  I tried to help to make sure none of you got what I received
in a e-mail
Thank You....

GeorgieGirl

Thank you for the post.   I also got the same mail but it was for a dvd system in the amt of $370.00  with even a bogus name and address of the so called person who bought it. This is the second time I have recievd one of these.  he first one alarmed me and I sent it to security@papal.com an they emailed me they had not sent it.

This one however I knew was bogus since I had closed that account out and now have another one.  They certaiy look real dont they?

gg

LastCall@2

Hi ,
and thanks for replying back to me As far as your question yes it did look very real
infact it was a weird name also VANWINKLE LOL .   AND FROM IL ,But I never do business with paypal
I only use it for autos that is it. I did call paypal and they had me send them the email, I got a reply and they told me it was a spoof ~~~~~~~~and it would be investigated ASAP
I just changed my password and security codes And all is well now  I was very lucky that my computer had
the Phishing    ;:" on which stopped me from going to the site were they would have wanted information WHICH I would have never given out anyway. 
Thank You....

harley89

I use Pay pal a lot because of my husbands ebay habit. I never respond to any emails from ebay. If they need something I go to the site myself and check my account. 

Tara

PayPal or Ebay will never send you email asking you for any personal information or to sign in to your account. I don't even open the emails. Just forward them to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com

FreecellFanny

Another thing to look out for in the address bar: it should read https: and not just http:

The s denotes it as a secure site. The spoof sites will not have the s. :)

gator8_24

Quote from: FreecellFanny on April 07, 2007, 05:54:05 AM
Another thing to look out for in the address bar: it should read https: and not just http:

The s denotes it as a secure site. The spoof sites will not have the s. :)

Now that is something I never knew, thanks. Not to mention I never noticed!

LastCall@2

I hope some people read this, I did not know either
And it is good to pass around this information I was
completely surprised.
Thank You....

underdog

PayPal's keeps saying they are going after these people but the fake PayPal emails keep coming.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview