PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:57:22 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tutorial: How to report spammers (in pogo rooms)

Started by InsideJoke,

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideJoke

This doesnt have anything to do with us so don't assume that I am after you lol.

You know those spammers that come into a room, have names you cannot remember, and then spam a website about free tokens etc? and "want to get all badges in 1 hour" thing. Well its hard to catch them, or is it?

(This applies to club members only)

1. When you see the person that spammed the comment and leave, remember that name if its like woefiewjoif you still have to remember those exact letters.

2. Go to your friends list, and add the persons weird name into your friends list.

3. Now you will possibly see the room that the person is in, its probably 1 room next to the room you were just in. It tells you that they goto room after room etc (Just extra info).

4. Now goto that room that person is in (Just click on the link in the my friends page). And you be taken to that room.

5. This requires patience, but once you are in that room, quickly right click the person's name, hit report abuse. Report the problem of "Spamming" and etc..

6. Now hit the add players button where it will take you to the list of pogo players and your option to select who did that abusive spamming. click on the person.

7. BUT! DO NOT HIT REPORT ABUSE! Instead now wait until the person says the comment, then when that person says the spam comment, hit the report abuse button. Not only did you catch the spammer at the moment of time, but you caught the person before you leave. Normally people cannot report people about it because in the list of people you select (in step 6) that person wont be there. But you put that person on the list in advanced because he was followed.

Thats it. The only exception (usually they dont do this) is when the person wants privacy and public info hidden. Otherwise you would have to jump to the next room but I got 3 people in 2 days succesfully.

harley89

Good info but I just ignore everything and everybody on Pogo.   

BadgeBabe

Playing with " Chat off" is the only safe way to play on Pogo !! EVER!!!
Trust me, I had to fight for a month to get my account back because some person from another country interpreted something as being " obscene" and reported me.

If anyone didn't already know, MOST Pogo employees are not from the USA. So the Pogo team took the report as valid and I had to prove my case. It was mind- bending to have to jump through hoops over something which is totally innocent in nature.

JUST DON'T PLAY WITH CHAT ON and all of us will have about 99% less to put up with on Pogo. ( The leftover 1% is their slowness with adding new games and ranks and the hoohaa with getting Texas Hold Em fixed once and for all).

InsideJoke

Sorry. I wasn't trying to say "How to get rid of annoying spammers", if that was what it sounds like. I was trying to tell you a way to make them mad.

harley89

I understand what you were doing. Its just with so many lunatics on Pogo I just let em do whatever and dont interfer with any of them.  I just go for the badges and nothing else.   

edfshr

IF I WERE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, WHICH I AM NOT, (caps intentional) I would block everyone not on my friends list and you would not be able to follow me.

:pp

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview