PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:05:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Word Search (New game in Beta)

Started by IndianLover,

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideJoke

BadgeBabe

BETA testing means the game is new. I have been on Pogo for over 10 years and have never seen " Word Search" before today on Pogo. It may have been there, but I just played a game, so it's there now!

If someone wants to play " Word Search", what could it possibly matter to you if it's " retired" or not?
And since it is accessible, how could the word " retired" possibly fit?
Do you live by the principle of fuzzy logic?

:'(( :'(( Help me, Jesus.  0: 0: 0:

Badge Babe

InsideJoke

There is a game called Word Search right now.

Also sorry I just realized the game that I was talking about was called "Word Riot"

Hesh

I just played it and  :xx. The friggin font is so small that my eyes hurt after 5 minutes and I have 20/20 vision,lol. They better make it a lot bigger or they will have major complaints. The only way I'll play this  ;:: of a game is if it has ranks.

LadyDi

!@#$ I so agree about this being a pathetic beta round.  In fact, I sent an e-mail requesting that the beta testers be extended (if they so choose) due to the lack of beta time. 

They need a separate beta test just for their pathetic website that is down or screwed up most of the time. :pp

IndianLover

Quote from: fiz on May 21, 2007, 12:03:23 PM
Attention Everyone!

You can still play this game, without going to the Beta Site!

Step 1: Go to Pogo.com
Step 2: Sign In
Step 3: Add "Word Search" to your Favorites list
Step 4: Click "Word Search"
Step 5: Play from there!

O.k., so this still doesn't make everyone happy.  ::

I can't tell you if both are the same since I cannot get it to load in beta... The one in beta is actually called "Daily Word Search" so I don't know if it is the same.

InsideJoke

Ahh if it is different for beta users then that is my bad. The Word search under non-beta members is just a regular one. My mistake.

odomus

BadgeBabe

Quote from: LadyDi on May 21, 2007, 04:39:09 PM
!@#$ I so agree about this being a pathetic beta round.  In fact, I sent an e-mail requesting that the beta testers be extended (if they so choose) due to the lack of beta time. 

They need a separate beta test just for their pathetic website that is down or screwed up most of the time. :pp

Hi, Lady Di,
I was in a group with problems also. What I think has happened in the past 9-10 months is that the Beta Program has lost the person who was the coordinator. I say this because we were supposed to have frags and the chick who was leading them wouldn't even show up. Think her name was Lisa.
Then she would say that all the rooms were full and she couldn't get in.
A POGO EMPLOYEE who couldn't boot one person out of a room so she could lead the discussion?? I don't buy a word of what they say in Beta.

The neatest thing that happened to me in Beta was the week or so they were goofing with the animated Mini items and let us " win" hands of Poppit, get gems to play with, go to the mini mall and try on unreleased animated backgrounds and goodies, etc.
Then we had to go to Jungle Gin and play games against the bot with the animated minis to make sure they didn't disappear or crash Gin, I guess.

It's pathetic when a pretend character on the computer is the highlight of 6 months' worth of brand new, unreleased games. I did like BabbleGab ( Word Craft) for about a week..

They may well extend your Beta testing group. I was given an extension without asking for one or anything. I think they need to either overhaul the Beta program or end it.

LadyDi

Thanks for the nice reply, badgebabe!   Our beta time has been very limited this go round.  The only decent thing we tested was makeover madness (prior to release).  We also go to test the 'reskin' of tumble bees.  However, most of the time the site has been down.  I really think they need to do some serious improvement before requesting new testers AND have something to test.

So, right now there either is or is not a new word game (word search).  I wouldn't know as I haven't been able to access the site in weeks!

BTW, Lisa is still around.  She hosts a frag every once in awhile and posts messages sporadically.  Her grammer is atrocious.  I don't usually comment on such things, but it sure doesn't bode well for the caliber of people running the beta test at EA Sports!

totalylostmom

i am a beta tester and i can't get in the daily word search either i keep getting unable to connect. i would like to try it. ;:"

totalylostmom

hey i agree. i want more time to play on beta tester sight. i have been for 2 days to get into daily word search. it is making me mad. >:D see. i thought it would be fun to do. but not when you can't get in the site or get in the game. so i hope we get more time. i did like makeover madness.

IndianLover

I haven't been able to get into the game since the 17th when they brought it out.

fiz

Tomorrow will be a week since Word Search was released, and we still can't play it! This means that we will only have 15 days to bug this game (assuming the fix is tomorrow)! They better extend Beta!!

fiz

I could be wrong, but I do believe that this Beta game will replace the current Word Search on Pogo. The current Word Search on Pogo is daily, but the "daily" is not included in with the name. Plus, on the beta site, the game is listed as "Word Search" not "Daily Word Search."

Hope we can play the game soon!  8)

-------------
Hello Testers! Due to the lack of care of the unorganized Beta Team, we have not put up our best efforts for the Beta Site. We will yet again extend the time for Beta members so you can't do anything until the end of June because we would rather jump off a bridge before we look at another one of those Bug forms you send! We will try to our lowest extent to at least make the Word Search game visible. Hope you all re-apply for Beta! Also, we will have a Frag next week where we will not give you any tokens.

Happy playing!

- Lisa
--------------

The above message is completely fake, but I could see it happening!!

IndianLover

Ok I have earned my first badge on the beta for it, it's cute it was a state badge. But since help won't load I am not sure if it will be so many ranks or the way it seems is that it will be like jigsaw 1 a month.

jrzydvl

beta testers try now i finally got on after days of not being able

not that great of a game   

its like puzzles you did in school finding hidden words in the game  and eys new puzzel each day

BadgeBabe

I have seen the ranks posted for the NEW and IMPROVED Word Search. It will have Badges!!! :D
Basically, a word search game is a word search game. You either love them or hate them, I guess. I like them OK since I started playing them at about 4 years of age in the Highlights magazines.

My mother, who is leaning towards an elderly age, plays them in the car. She buys the magazine type booklets at Wal Mart..
I've even sat beside people on trans- Atlantic flights who wouldn't turn their silly light off because they were playing Word Search in the middle of the night.
Now that I think about it, there was info a few months ago about Pogo putting some of its games on flights- this one is perfect for a flight if the screen has large enough font for the older people.

BadgeBabe

Lady Di.
I played Makeover Madness in the previous session of Beta Testing!!! That was last fall- winter of 2006.

My gosh, you all are being cheated out of the dubious fun of buggy new games with NO directions on how to play.

The letter " from" Lisa was spot on. Every point made is valid. The Beta program is probably run by more people from overseas... the same ones who don't understand a word I say when I call about my account. They don't even try, IMO.

IndianLover

Well we still have no help loading on the game... But I have earned 4 badges there is one every 30 completed days "puzzles". It is a very easy game. They have been tweaking it all day fixing little bugs. Still unknown if you will be able to play all 50 ranks at one time. In the badge book there was around 15 badges I think it was. So I tend to think it is going to be where your able to earn one badge a month. Well let you know more as I learn. But for now back to reg Pogo still gotta finish that dreaded Rainy day lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview