PlayBuddy
August 10, 2024, 11:00:38 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I got a trojan virus...Please help

Started by Ms.Behavin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms.Behavin

I ran a virus scan today and it says I have a trojan virus in my start menu. What should I do?

Mr. Rasputia

Mary

your virus protection shpold have cleaned it out mine does opps should mine cleans it out and then blocks from happening again do you have spy ware and virus scanner?? mine scans everyday to stop that from happenin gl hope you get it out of there  ""

Ms.Behavin

Quote from: Mr. Paris Hilton on June 12, 2007, 10:25:48 AM
is it ribbed for her pleasure?  <:>
:{: :{: :{:

Quote from: mama on June 12, 2007, 10:29:05 AM
your virus protection shpold  have cleaned it out mine does opps should mine cleans it out and then blocks from happening again do you have spy ware and virus scanner?? mine scans everyday to stop that from happenin gl hope you get it out of there  ""
My comp won't let me get rid of it. It keeps telling me "access denied" So believe me when I tell you I have gotten a "crash" course in Virus removal

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 12, 2007, 09:41:31 AM
I ran a virus scan today and it says I have a trojan virus in my start menu. What should I do?

My software quarantines it and then you can remove it.

What AV do you use?

Ms.Behavin

I have clamwin. I ran that and thats where I found it. The only other thing I have is windows defender and I ran that and it didn't even find it. I know where the Trojan is. Is there some other software I should get? I downloaded the "Micrsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool June 2007" but it keeps sticking where the trojan is at and will not move beyond that point. I guess I am screwed.  !@#$

Homer

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 12, 2007, 11:28:18 AM
I have clamwin. I ran that and thats where I found it. The only other thing I have is windows defender and I ran that and it didn't even find it. I know where the Trojan is. Is there some other software I should get? I downloaded the "Micrsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool June 2007" but it keeps sticking where the trojan is at and will not move beyond that point. I guess I am screwed.  !@#$

clamwin? sounds like you really do need protection.  :)) :)) :))

Try the link below. I use this on my pc. Give it a try it has a free trial.

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/trend-micro-internet-security-2007/

ICER

If you still can't get rid of it..put the name of virus in a search engine, no doubt your'll get some info on it. Also try the removal tools in both normal mode and safe mode (safe mode sometimes does a better job). GL

Homer

Ms.Behavin

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2007, 11:56:34 AM

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/trend-micro-internet-security-2007/
Clamwin was free and it was the only program that found the virus.  :%#
I think I fixed it but no too sure. I will use the link that you gave me Homer. Thanks
Quote from: ICER on June 12, 2007, 12:08:50 PM
If you still can't get rid of it..put the name of virus in a search engine, no doubt your'll get some info on it. Also try the removal tools in both normal mode and safe mode (safe mode sometimes does a better job). GL
I did that and nothing came up but a hacker site.  >:( I am about to shut down and see if the virus remover I got worked. I will start back in safe-mode. I found out that that is the best way to remove any virus. wish me luck!

Ms.Behavin

I got the virus protection and PC cillin tried to qurantine the virus' but it said it was unable too.  :((

Homer

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 12, 2007, 02:26:48 PM

I got the virus protection and PC cillin tried to qurantine the virus' but it said it was unable too.  :((

If you can't get rid of it you may have to format your pc. If you do that you will lose everything on your pc.

What is the virus name? Maybe I can find out some info for you

swamp

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2007, 02:35:52 PM

If you can't get rid of it you may have to format your pc. If you do that you will lose everything on your pc.

i use AVG from Grisoft , its free and good  they have a free rootkit to fix ur promblem   hope this helps  :/\  :##

Ms.Behavin

When I ran Clamwin it was Trojan.IRCBot-765
and when I ran the Windows Malicious Removal it was backdoor:win32/rbot and backdoor:win32/sdbot
When I ran PC cillin it was 260 different Trojans. I had no way to copy them or save the report and I didn't feel like writing down 260 different Trojans.  :((
Quote from: swampboy on June 12, 2007, 02:42:44 PM

i use AVG from Grisoft , its free and good  they have a free rootkit to fix ur promblem   hope this helps  :/\  :##
I am gonna try that too.

Homer

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 12, 2007, 02:47:37 PM
When I ran Clamwin it was Trojan.IRCBot-765
and when I ran the Windows Malicious Removal it was backdoor:win32/rbot and backdoor:win32/sdbot
When I ran PC cillin it was 260 different Trojans. I had no way to copy them or save the report and I didn't feel like writing down 260 different Trojans.  :((

I am gonna try that too.

YIKES! What on God's green earth did you open?

Ms.Behavin

Grisoft is not free. I just checked.

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2007, 02:49:36 PM

YIKES! What on God's green earth did you open?
I would tell you but then I would have to kill you. lol! J/k The only thing I can think of is Limewire.

Ms.Behavin

Oh also I found something saying that Yahoo messenger had a virus too. I just downloaded that the other day.

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview