PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 09:38:41 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I got a trojan virus...Please help

Started by Ms.Behavin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms.Behavin

Hesh

if you still have trouble try going to majorgeeks.com.They specialize in virus/spyware removal and it's all free.You just have to sign-up, again...free.They'll give you detailed instructions on how to get rid of an "unremovable" virus. I used them years ago and they helped me with the same issue. Good luck.  O0

Ms.Behavin

Quote from: Hesh on June 12, 2007, 03:10:57 PM
if you still have trouble try going to majorgeeks.com.They specialize in virus/spyware removal and it's all free.You just have to sign-up, again...free.They'll give you detailed instructions on how to get rid of an "unremovable" virus. I used them years ago and they helped me with the same issue. Good luck.  O0
I came across them in my search today. I will give it a try.

CowboysFan2004

i had a trojan virus thats doing what you did. i was able to eliminate it WITHOUT losing a thing on my PC! i wish i could tell you what i did, but i cant remember because it was a long time ago... :xx

ICER

Not sure if you fixed your problem yet, but according to my antivirus software site (Nortons Antivirus Software).

What you have is a worm (win32/Rbot) which is a family of backdoor Trojans that allows attackers to control infected computers. You got it by what Homer stated ( limeware) limeware is a peer to peer client and this worm runs on a IRC . All the names you told us are all the same family w32/sd bot,win32.HLLW.mybot, win32/Rbot, etc.
I see you don't have a paid antivirus software..but you should indeed invest in one ASAP.
The following links are from Norton Antivirus site, it tell's you all you need to know about what you have and how to remove it...problem is you have to buy that software (not free).
Summary: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-042917-1039-99&tabid=1

Tech. Details: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-042917-1039-99&tabid=2

Removal: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-042917-1039-99&tabid=3

I'm sorry can't help you any more, but do try to buy a good antivirus software (mine cost $40) but well worth the money..Again GL to you!

Ms.Behavin

TmT

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 13, 2007, 06:15:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I got it fixed. *I think*  :!@
Good girl...now becareful and keep your legs close so u dont get infected again... openin your self up like that can be very harmful... I never open anything unless I am fully protected... nuthin gets d/l here unless I got on all my protection... I dont care how much I gotta spend... <gigglin> cant trust internet.... so many people get off infectin others....

Ms.Behavin

Well I found out where that virus came from and it wasn't Limewire.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Tara

Quote from: Ms.Behavin on June 15, 2007, 09:13:32 AM
Well I found out where that virus came from and it wasn't Limewire.

You gonna tell us?  :///

Tara

swamp

Ms.Behavin

Monkey

Ms.Behavin

Homer

Monkey

Homer

Quote from: Monkey on July 31, 2007, 12:23:27 PM
Our MsB got herself another trojan again  ;:"  O+O

She should use better protection.  :)) :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview