PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:16:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Could someone with more computer experience explain this about Pogo?

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

When I sign on to Club Pogo, the home page ends in .do.
I did a domain check and this is the suffix for the Dominican Republic. The site states that their headquarters is in Redwood Shores, CA, USA, with expansion as noted below.
It doesn't REALLY matter, I guess, but the .do extension didn't used to be there. If it means something other than the Dominican Republic, could someone explain? If it does mean the Dominican Republic, can someone explain that too?
Am I reading the URL wrong or what?

I found this info on EA's site about their locations of operations. No mention of the Dominican Republic.

"EA's five hub studios are in Redwood Shores (US), Los Angeles (US), Orlando (US), Vancouver (Canada) and Surrey (UK), along with development studios in Chicago (US), Montreal (Canada), Warrington (UK) and Tokyo (Japan) and boasts a development team that is more than 5,200 people strong. The company's European corporate headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland. With an eye on the global marketplace, EA continues to expand its international presence, most recently having opened offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Seoul. EA is focused on continuing to grow its business presence in Asia Pacific and Japan.

EA STUDIOS:
In addition to the Redwood City, California headquarters and development studio, EA operates development studios in Los Angeles, California; Orlando, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; Vancouver and Montreal, Canada; Tokyo, Japan; and Chertsey, Guildford, and Warrington, England. "

THANK YOU!!! I've really been wondering about this lately.. Please forgive me for asking a non- essential question. :)

Badge Babe

ICER

BadgeBabe

Ohhhh!!!!
Thank you. :)
That makes a lot more sense. I didn't know it was part of a website's URL though. Never too OLD to learn, ya think? :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview