Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

windows vista...... and the hell it brings me

Started by ImJustOneOldFart,

Previous topic - Next topic

ImJustOneOldFart

hey guys......

one small question.

How can i get vista to stop asking me for permission when i am loading up an applet at pogo?
it doesnt ask for permission when i load an applet on AOL or NETSCAPE. It also never asked in IE7 before. I am using sun java on all three. Unfortunately some issue came up that made me break down and get the msvjm for IE7.

after installing that msvjm for my IE7, now any time i want to load a room i need to enter my computers admin password to get the applet to open, BUT it doesnt seem to be saving the applet like it use to. i leave the room and click to go back in and it needs permission again.

now that i have the msvjm the freezing problem i was having with some games has stopped, but at what cost.....

i tried "disable" in my pogo account section, it helps with the permission thing but it is not really the solution i am looking for..

i dont know........ maybe im not meant to cheat at pogo easily..... boy i wish i still had my old computer.  :(

Tara

CindyLouWho

When I got my new puter I made sure I got 1 that had win xp on it..lol..glad I did but still not used to it after using Win ME for so long   :)))

ICER

Old Fart,

What is happening is that Vista has another type of protection that other Window platforms don't have, it's called UAC (user account control).This UAC protection system makes you aware of changes that will be made to your PC and lets you decide wheather to allow them, in your case the applet permission. You can turn this off but Vista platform prefers you keep it on...sounds like Bill Gates telling you what to do :)) :)) :))

To turn UAC off  go here and follow the steps.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/58b3b879-924d-4e08-9358-c316055d3eae1033.mspx

I shall not be responsible for anything done outside of pogocheats.net %%

Hesh

hey ya old fart!  :)))
Icer is dead on with this one.I had to do the same thing and once I disabled the UAC it made it a lot easier. But,(  :o0 ) ........if you still have problems you might also need to change the settings in sun's java. Under the advanced tab in java(in control panel) there is a setting called JLNPfile/Mime association.When you click on the plus sign it gives you options.Click on "always allow". Since doing this and what Icer said I have had no more issues like yours.  :!!

harley89

I had the same problem but got it fixed. I was wary of getting Vista but had to have new puter and it was my only option.  I will say it is visually stunning and seems to be more stable than XP.  Fixes its own problems.  Running autos is a snap. I don't have to make any adjustments at all. Just get em running and thats it. No more changing screen resolution.  it took at while to get use to but I like it better than xp

ImJustOneOldFart

Quote from: Hesh on June 16, 2007, 01:39:09 PM
hey ya old fart!  :)))
Icer is dead on with this one.I had to do the same thing and once I disabled the UAC it made it a lot easier. But,(  :o0 ) ........if you still have problems you might also need to change the settings in sun's java. Under the advanced tab in java(in control panel) there is a setting called JLNPfile/Mime association.When you click on the plus sign it gives you options.Click on "always allow". Since doing this and what Icer said I have had no more issues like yours.  :!!

see the thing is the sun java has always let the applets load and save without any issues. and i can go to the sun java cache and clear it when i need to... I just added the msjvm for my IE7. and i dont have a clue where to find that console for it. On my IE7 it has a botton in "tools" but it is for sun java. I just know in the advance tab in my IE internet options , it has 3 boxes that can be checked or uncheck with the msjvm java. What bugs me is nothing dumps into the "objects" fold on IE like it use to when i has IE6. the applets were so much easier to manage in there, if something was causing and issue i could delete the particular applet and reload it with out clearing the whole fold......

right now there is three things in the "objects" folder and they all the same thing.. "Java runtime environment 1.6.0" and that was installed 6weeks before i brought my computer... damn those tech guys....

but i will give you you guys have suggested a shot and see if it helps......
if... i...... dont make it back online.......... I....... I......I'm gunna miss you guy,
thanks for the help..... :=

:pp

Hesh

hey old fart  ?.? ,
my personal suggestion would be to drop the ms java and just use sun.microsoft is dropping their version of java at the end of the year anyway as part of an agreement with sun over copyright.that's why vista comes pre-loaded with sun java.if you try the things that icer and i said it should work fine.i'm starting to like vista, had it since february and just like IE7 we're gonna have to get used to it.you should also clear out your sun java cache and reboot to have fresh settings after you make any changes. yes it will be slower to load the first time you go on pogo but then only takes a few seconds. good luck!  :!!

ICER

Just to add Old Fart..I seen a post you had in another topic and your running on DSL..if cable is in your area do get it worth the money..will speed up galore for you.  GL

ImJustOneOldFart

ok Hesh & Icer

I disabled the msjvm.
i cleaned out sun java.
i went to try to change that "JLNPfile/Mime association"... when i clicked ALLOW it unselected NEVER, but also selected PROMPT.... so i didnt save changes, not knowing if that was right or wrong.

now that msjvm is off, IE7 is locking up on me again.

Texas Hold'em is locking up:
sometime before the table settings box comes up..... sometime i get into a room but the "waiting for more players" box doesnt come up. i get a white message box says if i want to wait or close IE off.... the IE windows get all white and hazy when it locks up.

i have not installed anything on this new computer since i got it in feb. with the exception of AOL9.0VR, Netscape 8, a mouse auto clicker, a word unscrambler and the MSJVM the other day... the ONLY other things would be windows & Mcafee updates....

So why is IE7 being a b*tch these last 6 weeks or so?
is the universe off tilt or something i was going along smoothly till May and now ALL HELL.....

is ther some conflict im not see now that wasnt there before May.

I have Netscape set to dump all history and temp files and cookie when i close all windows off..... but i have had it like that since day one.... only reason i haveit set that way is because i dont really use it that often and i dont want it to pile up with crap.

I was normally dump IE cache once a week just because i use that most often and it collects tons of junk....

I have also been dumping sun java cache (applet log file trace file temp files) one a week also.. I was double browsing alot in POOL and i notice i was getting an applet message when i would jump in and out of pool game. i thought i should keep that java clean out regularly...

as far as AOL is concerned, when i got DSL they started giving AOL for free. Now if it were up to me i would not have installed it, but my wife cant live without it.... 9 years of AOL and she wouldnt be happy wihtout it. so she plays on AOL most of the time (well until it has been giving us issues) you see sometime when she signs on to AOL and goes to pogo the games wont load up. Even if she was in there playing the same game a few hours earlier. the main page loads fine and going to the room page for a game is ok too.... but when she clicks on a room it wont load...... sometimes.
      She can go to any other website and not have an issue opening the page... I was begining to think AOL was screwing with us since we were free users, but this is got to be more than a prank....

from Feb -May i could go to "dice derby" (for example) and log in a name on AOL, a name on Nestscape & a name on IE... go into the same room and same table and play 3 games at once....... Now IE (my old standard for double browsing) is not holding up its end.... Thats why i looked for the msjvm to help solve the issue....

I can not think of anything else i can tell you to help explain what is going on here..... If there is something i can do please help.....

Oh let me know if that "JLNPfile/Mime association" is ok the way i explained above.... with two things checked at once.....

thanks guys for the help so far.... you dah best  :!!

ImJustOneOldFart

Quote from: ICER on June 16, 2007, 05:42:58 PM
Just to add Old Fart..I seen a post you had in another topic and your running on DSL..if cable is in your area do get it worth the money..will speed up galore for you.  GL

acctually im fine with the DSL...... i switched from dial-up 8 months ago and its great..... i dont really need alot of speed, well not more then the DSL offers..... other than pogo i dont download musis or movies and send big files, so honestly im good....

Tara

Quote from: ImJustOneOldFart on June 16, 2007, 09:45:30 PM
omg ... somebody get me a spellchecker..lmao

Someone needs to get you a book cover to go with the novel you just wrote..lmfao

Ms.Behavin

God Gawd OldFart, how long did it take you to write that. I usually just cut and paste, but clearly you didn't. LMFAO  :)) :)) :))

Hesh

Yikes old fart!
so if it's been a problem for 6 weeks it's probably something you installed at that time.there a still a lot of programs that just don't play well w/vista yet.what you can try is see what it was that you installed,if you right-click the program and click properties it will tell you the installation date if ya forgot, right before you had trouble and disable it, in safe mode if ya can't in regular mode.the other thing i do is check the customer forums on microsoft and dell, or whoever made your puter.screw the tech support, they all suck, it's the regular joes who have the same problems and the right answers.lastly,lol, how much ram do u have? if it's not at least 2gb vista won't do well, it really sucks up memory fast so make sure nothing else is running when u play on pogo.if this don't work then.....  0:

ICER

Old Fart, as you know a PC conflict can be almost anything.You can try some of these idea's if you wish up to you.

1-Go to the PC makers web site in support and do a live chat with a Tech.
2-Since you only installed a few programs, remove them and reinstall one by one and check system after each install.
3-Problem started 6 weeks ago, do a restore system at 7 weeks ago date.
4-Do what Hesh said  0:

Did you ever consider to have a dual boot up (2 different OS), your wife can bootup with Vista with AOL that she likes and you can bootup with Windows XP no AOL that you like...your PC has to have a nice size to do this tho.

I believe the conflict is caused by something you did..a program, settings, lack of Vista knowledge, etc.
Again GL to you sorry can't help you more!

ImJustOneOldFart

im starting to like this responding to 2 people at once...lol

Icer & Hesh

I didnt install anything 6 or 7 weeks ago. everything was the week i got computer (feb. 6th i think) and then few days ago was msjvm.. my computer has 160g harddrive/1024mb..

reinstalling: well IE7 was preinstalled, netscape i did myself and really doesnt give much if any problems. AOL could be a problem, but why just with loading pogo game rooms? as far as the other things i installed, there are small applications (mouse clicker and word unscramble)..

2 OS's seem a little extreme and i think im a little short on space (see above only got a gig of ram). and to be honest i just dont open AOL when i go on to play... i would open IE most of the time and then Netscape when i needed to DB...

And honestly I dont know much about computers and this is why i dont mess with anything. I dont think i made any changes to any setting, with the exception of enabling the msjvm the other day but thats disabled so all should be back to normal.

well guys im going to try some of these suggestions, and  0:
do you think restoring to end of April would be the easiest thing? because like i said everything ran smoothly intil May. My personal timeline says "all to crap when Texas Hold'em got messed with"  lol

thanks again guys....

oh and MsB, cut & pasting is for kindergarden....  :!$

Hesh

hiya fart,
yes,try restoring it to just before you had problems.that's definitely the easiest way to go.the only other thing i saw that could be the problem is having one gig of ram and opening several programs at once, especially aol. i have 2 gigs and if i even have 2 other app's open aol crashes my puter with a not enough memory error.ya may want to think about upgrading your memory, if u can afford it, to at least 2 gigs...4 would be best.did u also disable the user access control like icer had said? that caused me a lot of trouble with allowing programs to run and i didn't see that u had done that. it's an easy and safe thing to do, won't be messing with ur registry or nuttin.try the restore first and good luck dude.

ImJustOneOldFart

Hesh,

im going to take a stab at restoring, just had not had a chance to today...

I know what you mean about having too much going at once. My old computer had 256mb of ram i believe and i would get virtual memory low messages all the time.... if i was just on AOL for too long i would get a message about it.

as of yet i havent seen any of them messages on the new computer...

as far as the UAC thing, since i disable the msjvm i dont think i will need to now. I never had any pop-ups looking for permission before i installed msjvm.... if you think i should still disable it i will give it a shot.

Now that UAC is the thing that asks me before i DL something right? (enter admin password to continue, thing) I kind of like that fact my wife cant just go and DL something without me knowing. she has a tendency to make impulse DLs.... Once installed MSN messagenger 4 times in one month on my old computer.... On for a fews days, then tell me she didnt want it... Then she wanted it and then not and on and on.....

I will restore tomorrow and see if that does the trick for me....

Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview