PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:07:30 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

printer problems

Started by Dangeruss88,

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangeruss88

I have windows xp pro and i am trying to get my printer to work. it is a hp deskjet 3910. the computer doesn't reconize the printer and i dont have the disk to install the printer. i cannot find it any where. does nayone know what to do? thanks

who me?

The only thing I can think of is go to the HP web site and see if they have drivers there you can download for it  O0

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Dangeruss88

yes i was on this site i installed them and my computer still will not find the printer. the printer has a usb connection and i everything is plugged in right. this printer worked with this computer before i had to reformat it.

Homer

You installed the file right? If you only saved it you have to open the file to install it.

Homer

Got me. Have you tried talking to a tech support person via live chat? You should probably give it a try.

Dangeruss88

Homer

janeyluv

I had same trouble, found out hp printer cannot be plugged into power strip, has to be direct wall socket

ICER

Quote from: Dangeruss88 on July 08, 2007, 12:49:10 PM
yes i was on this site i installed them and my computer still will not find the printer. the printer has a usb connection and i everything is plugged in right. this printer worked with this computer before i had to reformat it.

If you did check out all the connections and installed the proper drivers correct, your problem is due to the reformatted hard drive. Your registry changed and since your printer is on a USB port your PC does not recognize this USB port for the printer. Go to your printer web support site and do a search on USB connections or ask support there as posted before... for help.

Dangeruss88

my computer is notting finding the computer because of the usb port. i tryed this  put when i go under win.ini i dont have a ports tab. what should i do

Solution
To resolve this issue and print to a USB port, two sections of the WIN.INI file need to be edited. Follow the instructions below to make the necessary changes.
Complete the driver installation. It does not matter which port is selected during the completion of the installation.
Open the WIN.INI file.
Click Start and Run.
Type msconfig and click OK. Click the WIN.INI tab.
Click the plus (+) next to [PORTS] and click to remove the checks from any checked USB ports in the list.
Click the plus (+) next to [PRINTER PORTS] and click to remove the checks from any checked USB ports in the list.
Click Apply, OK, and restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, click Start, Printers, and right-click the Deskjet printer icon that you installed.
Click Properties and click the Details tab.
In the Print to the following port: box, click USB00x Virtual printer port. Click Apply, OK, and then print a test page.

ICER

Quote from: Dangeruss88 on July 10, 2007, 04:59:51 PM
my computer is notting finding the computer because of the usb port. i tryed this  put when i go under win.ini i dont have a ports tab. what should i do

Solution
To resolve this issue and print to a USB port, two sections of the WIN.INI file need to be edited. Follow the instructions below to make the necessary changes.
Complete the driver installation. It does not matter which port is selected during the completion of the installation.
Open the WIN.INI file.
Click Start and Run.
Type msconfig and click OK. Click the WIN.INI tab.
Click the plus (+) next to [PORTS] and click to remove the checks from any checked USB ports in the list.
Click the plus (+) next to [PRINTER PORTS] and click to remove the checks from any checked USB ports in the list.
Click Apply, OK, and restart the computer.
After restarting the computer, click Start, Printers, and right-click the Deskjet printer icon that you installed.
Click Properties and click the Details tab.
In the Print to the following port: box, click USB00x Virtual printer port. Click Apply, OK, and then print a test page.

You click start,  click on your printers in list, right click printer for properties, click port tab, if usb is unchecked -check it restart PC...but if usb is checked..uncheck it restart pc..then repeat these steps to check usb again (only).

Dangeruss88

i fixed it. my computer couldnt find the usb drivers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview