PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:36:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I FEAR TO USE CHEATS

Started by derikalena,

Previous topic - Next topic

derikalena

I was surfing and ran across this article and wondered.......How can Pogo tell if you use a cheat or not??  Please clarify by providing any knowledge you may have regarding this subject.

Thanks...........DerikaLena vacation8.gif

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/pogocom-c16897.html

Homer

Pogo keeps logs of your game play. That's how they can tell.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

derikalena

Homer,, that makes total sense, but does Pogo have a program that can tell when you are actually clicking that mouse or the auto cheat is doing it for you?  Hmmmmmmmm...call me crazy, but I am always wanting to know the details of how things work....LOL    Guess that means I can write off ever really getting that "so-called" Jackpot that all the players think is fake anyways. vacation8.gif

Homer

No they don't but their logs will tell them everything they need to know.

Darsheis

Quote from: Homer on August 07, 2007, 10:57:53 AM
No they don't but their logs will tell them everything they need to know.
How long do they keep these logs???  So they could ban us anytime they choose.

Homer

I do not think they purge this info. They haven't banned anyone in years over auto use. They seem to have left us alone as long as we don't claim jackpots. If you decide to claim a JP and you are an auto user expect your account to be audited and don't be surprised if your claim is denied.

Darsheis

I never expect to ever win a JP and would never claim it , was just curious.  Thanks for info Homer.

Homer

junkyardmaestro

What about the instant wins and daily/weekly/monthly draws? Do they log you for those?

Homer

They log everything. If you win any prize expect to be audited

junkyardmaestro

Do they only log your account? Or your entire IP  ?.?

Homer

junkyardmaestro

Homer

Just useless tokens, wallpapers and screensavers

trixiepup

thats the prize you pay when you wanna do things the easy way lol  Fishing5.gif

Pugs59

I have 2 account's I have used an auto under 1 name but not the other...Would I lose both account's if I get caught using an auto?

Mr. Rasputia

Quote from: Pugs59 on August 08, 2007, 08:19:49 AM
I have 2 account's I have used an auto under 1 name but not the other...Would I lose both account's if I get caught using an auto?
i believe so since it's under same ip address

junkyardmaestro

Quote from: Homer on August 08, 2007, 07:35:47 AM

Well, what's the point in getting tokens if you can't even use them for tickets  :" So basically it's just wallpapers and screensavers -__-

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Pugs59 on August 08, 2007, 08:19:49 AM

By " getting caught", if you mean that you hope to win something on the account not used with Auto Programs, not according to the E.A. response on the original poster's link to the Complaint Board site.
If you mean " getting caught" as in thrown off Pogo, Homer has already said that people using auto programs haven't been banned from Pogo for quite some time, like years.

The E.A. spokeslady specifically said that the alleged cheater who wrote the complaint letter is welcome to open a new account on Pogo, and that as long as no automatic playing software is used on that account, the person is then eligible for prizes, JPs, etc. with the NEW ACCOUNT only.

Again, people, if you are on Pogo to WIN something other than Badges, you are at the wrong place, using autos or playing every long, boring game and challenge by hand.
There are Internet sites with every conceivable category of Sweepstake from major, national sponsers. They are legit. People do win. I have and so have members of my family.

But the odds are quite different from the odds on Pogo, in most cases ( except the ongoing annual  HGTV Dream House sweepstakes, LOLOL).

Pogo is for Playing!!!

BadgeBabe

[
Quote from: junkyardmaestro on August 08, 2007, 09:18:31 AM
Quote from: Homer on August 08, 2007, 07:35:47 AM

Well, what's the point in getting tokens if you can't even use them for tickets  :" So basically it's just wallpapers and screensavers -__-

I don't think anyone other than a few unscrupulous people who tried to " sell" tokens and the fools who may have purchased them on eBay before the folly was prohibited have ever thought that Pogo tokens had a monetary value.

Pogo is not a site for income generating or free giveaways. It's a GAME site.
If your incentive for playing is to accumulate tokens in the hopes of winning money, then you might want to do what the E.A. employee advised the person who used an auto program and tried to claim a JP. Create a secondary account, transfer most of your tokens to that account, and enter all the tickets ( whatever they are) that you want to.

If you are using autos on an account, there's certainly no need to stop.. Pogo already has a log, although it's of no importance to them under normal circumstances.

Badgebabe

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview