This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

need opinions

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

princess

My son got an invitation today and I need help interpreting this. He doesn't know what to do and neither do I. My son is in a friends wedding in a few months and he got an invitation that states:

Let's shower John and Angela with love and good wishes at a Jack & Jill Greenback Wedding Shower.

Now I am not up to date on current wedding etiquette. What the heck is he being invited to? It's at someone's house, not a function hall. He asked me is he supposed to bring a gift? What are his responsibilities? I have no clue!!! It sounds to me like they want gifts of money with the words greenback and shower. I told him if no one has asked him to contribute financially at this point, someone else must be putting it on. But he doesnt want to show up without a gift if he is supposed to bring one.

What do you all think?

TmT

Hmmm, I heard of Jack and Jill... that's a shower for both the bride and groom. Other words, it's not a ladies' thing only or a male's thing only. (They combine the party) Greenback is M.O.N.E.Y ...no gifts, the couple prefer cash. The invite from what I read is only sayin they want to combine the party and they want MONEY... lol (so sorry if I am wrong)

harley89

I agree with TMT they want money from both the boys and girls

Homer

Quote from: TmT on September 19, 2007, 09:33:33 PM
Hmmm, I heard of Jack and Jill... that's a shower for both the bride and groom. Other words, it's not a ladies' thing only or a male's thing only. (They combine the party) Greenback is M.O.N.E.Y ...no gifts, the couple prefer cash. The invite from what I read is only sayin they want to combine the party and they want MONEY... lol (so sorry if I am wrong)

Gee, here I thought greenbacks was some sort of pogo thing. :)) :)) :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 20, 2007, 05:39:49 AM

:{: turn-about  fair play  :))

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on September 20, 2007, 09:37:54 AM

:{:

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

TmT

Quote from: Homer on September 20, 2007, 10:00:48 AM

:%# We need a smilie that kickz jus a lil bit lower......... aim jus a tad bit lower than this one :%# <you know what I'm sayin> lmfaoz

gator8_24

Quote from: TmT on September 20, 2007, 10:04:22 AM
Quote from: Homer on September 20, 2007, 10:00:48 AM

:%# We need a smilie that kickz jus a lil bit lower......... aim jus a tad bit lower than this one :%# <you know what I'm sayin> lmfaoz

I agree, Tokens! Homer, would you pretty please find  us one? :-* (OO) bbq22.gif

princess

Thanks, that's what I thought it meant too!  In my day, you didn't out and out ask for money like that, man times have changed!  Thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview