Aces Up! HD : Earn 50 flying aces this week! [Download Cheat]
Tumble Bees HD : Spell 200 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Can anyone help me with Perfect Pair Solitaire

Started by Bigredno8,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigredno8

!@#$ >:((  !@#$ >:((  !@#$ >:((  !@#$ >:((
I cant take this anymore,I can not get more then 1 game completed without it freezing,I have tried all 3 of my browsers,Firefox,Netscape & IE7, tried cheat , no cheat,NOTHING IS WORKING,my java is updated,and my computer is perfectly fine to run pogo games,does anyone have any idea what might be causing this

Thanks
Steve

Homer

Upset are we? j/k

Try doing a system restore back to when everything was working.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Bigredno8

Quote from: Homer on September 13, 2007, 05:45:50 PM
Upset are we? j/k
O0

only problem is I cant remember the last time I even played this game,so I dont know how far back to go,if I miss this badge because of this problem,I will have to blow up again   :/\

Steve

Homer

Quote from: Bigredno8 on September 13, 2007, 05:55:56 PM
Upset are we? j/k
O0

only problem is I cant remember the last time I even played this game,so I dont know how far back to go,if I miss this badge because of this problem,I will have to blow up again   :/\

Steve

You could try switching javas. If you are using sun java try MSJVM

PunkInDrublic

I was having this problem 3 weeks ago. Watch the anchor when the game is loading. It's on the left hand side of the boat. After my first game, the anchor would fall off and disappear instead of going back up to the top of the boat like it's supposed to. I ended up deleting my java and re-installing it, then it worked fine.

orion42

hi look and see how many programs are running in the backround their may be too many running
and can cause the system to frezze just a tip

thank you
orion42 Fishing5.gif

BadgeBabe

Big red,
Sounds to me like you are running out of video resources. PPS uses a LOT of video memory just to run on its own. I doubt the Matchmaker auto is the culprit here, as it runs perfectly smoothly on my 2 newer computers. I have a bare bones notebook for emergency use, and when I load Perfect Pair Solitaire on it, I get the message about " how to make the game run smoother on my system".. It will run Matchmaker ( the free trial) but the auto hesitates and is slow. It did freeze up..

Also, please remember that there is a weekly challenge in PPS right now and yesterday, there were over 65,000 players in the game. Pogo may be having some internal server problems as well due to the ineptitude of most players and their lack of cheating smartly.
You probably already know this but the auto programs require total dedication between the game and the auto program.
No IMs, no Email, no other add ons like VOIP can be running at the same time.

Bigredno8

Thanks to everyone for their tips,I had to resort to using my sons computer upstairs to complete this badge,SAD,I thought my computer was good enough,guess not,but now at least I know what is going on,when it happens again

Thanks again
Steve

BadgeBabe

Steve,
I didn't mean to imply that your computer wasn't " good enough". But this game is one of the few on Pogo which is a video memory HOG. The other really bad one is The Poppit Show.  Pogo also has intermittant problems with Penguin Blocks.

The factors are processor speed, internet connection speed, dedicated video memory, total RAM, AND Pogo's side of the game all combined into one.

I know for a fact that Matchmaker doesn't use a lot of RAM by itself. It's more the other factors, especially when there are people JAMMED into the usually almost empty game rooms. PPS is NOT a popular game. I've been working on badge ranks and it's usual to have 300 people total in the game. It's really crazy right now with the challenge.

BTW, I find that I do have to buy a new PC about every year to have the fastest possible mobile system.. and I buy really good stuff, just a notch below Alienware, which is the top gaming notebook maker.
But the fastest possible notebook is not needed to play on Pogo or to win badges, etc. It's my preference. :)

Glad you got your badge, :)

Bigredno8

Quote from: BadgeBabe on September 14, 2007, 08:35:18 PM
Steve,
I didn't mean to imply that your computer wasn't " good enough". But this game is one of the few on Pogo which is a video memory HOG. The other really bad one is The Poppit Show.  Pogo also has intermittant problems with Penguin Blocks.

BadgeBabe,we're good  :/\   I never took it that way,I was just surprised that I was not able to play it,funny thing,The Poppit Show & Penguin Blocks I have no problems with,go figure,once again thanks to everyone in trying to help me with this, Its the main reason this board kicks a$$ and I come here frequently

Steve

jeffy

I agree with what homer said Sun java game me problems on more than 1 game im now using Microsoft VM JAVA without any problems on any game. but thats just me i had the freezing problem with perfect pair as well and emailed pogo 3,000 time and got the same answer every time. empty cache restart ie dump cookies blah blah but once i switched my java from sun to MS to use the word search daily glitch i have stuck with MS java cuz its better for me.

Homer

Quote from: jeffy on September 16, 2007, 08:10:46 AM
I agree with what homer said Sun java game me problems on more than 1 game im now using Microsoft VM JAVA without any problems on any game. but thats just me i had the freezing problem with perfect pair as well and emailed pogo 3,000 time and got the same answer every time. empty cache restart ie dump cookies blah blah but once i switched my java from sun to MS to use the word search daily glitch i have stuck with MS java cuz its better for me.

I hate sun java. It seems things just take much longer to load with it compared to VM.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Bigredno8 on September 14, 2007, 08:08:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for their tips,I had to resort to using my sons computer upstairs to complete this badge,SAD,I thought my computer was good enough,guess not,but now at least I know what is going on,when it happens again

Thanks again
Steve

What is really sad is that we have to "borrow" our kids computers to upgrade!

jeffy

i should of never said how well mine was working now mine keeps freezing again. it has to be on pogos end
i went from rank 7 to 18 in the last week with no problems now it wont even play for 15 mins before freezing.
>:(( >:(( >:((

Bigredno8

Quote from: disneylandlady on September 17, 2007, 07:17:33 AM
Quote from: Bigredno8 on September 14, 2007, 08:08:09 PM

Thanks again
Steve

What is really sad is that we have to "borrow" our kids computers to upgrade!

Now that you said that,Im figuring what the heck,i gave my 15 yr old a better computer then me (O+O)
oh well guess who got the flat screen monitor and who got the big bulky one   :)))
Steve

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview