This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

buying event tickets on ebay

Started by Symbion,

Previous topic - Next topic

Symbion

Does anyone know what I would be able to do if someone sold me tickets to an event that were clearly above what they were allowed to sell them for in my jurisdiction?

For example, claimed face value to be $598, yet through a private email revealed to me that they only paid $292, but face value of the most expensive tickets were $275?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tara

Not sure I understand what you are saying....You bought tickets through a private email?  If you did..that's not good.  When dealing with Ebay, deal with Ebay the correct way. You are not covered for doing what they call side deals.

Symbion

no lol.... i bought the tickets through ebay... it was through a private email that i was advised of the actual face value of the tickets

Homer

I don't think scalping laws apply to ebay or ebay wouldn't allow ticket sales. People pay hundreds of dollars above face value on ebay all the time. You decided to purchase the tickets at that price so I don't know what your beef is. If the tickets were listed at $598 that has nothing to do with the face value that is the asking price.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Symbion

true... but some jurisdictions allow sales above face value... mine actually doesn't... but she disclosed on the ebay site that the face value (which is required by their TOS) was $598... then told me privately that the face value was actually lower... and as a resident of my province... she should be well aware of the scalping laws...

I'm currently in the process of requesting a difference between the prices...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview