Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

WWW & Gold Carrot Badge

Started by Symbion,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Tara on October 08, 2007, 08:43:03 AM
I don't think Jewel hijacked anything. I think we all know that you can check the box to only let people on your friends list see you. What you had said was there was an option to not allow others to even add their name to their friend list. Which if Pogo had that it would be awesome. I hate the people on my blocked list always looking at my profile and badges.

Jewel? I understand what you are saying, and no, there's no option for that. It would be nice if it was. Keep those profile stalkers in their place.  :)))

LOL, you want to play in Club rooms in Stealth Mode? Is that right? I had no idea.. and I thought that I was super careful.

Do you really have people harassing you over your profile? Question for you, Tara- How do you know if you play with chat off and don't accept emails?
I don't have anyone bothering me over anything related to Pogo. Of course, I keep my chat off, so I would assume that the principle of diminishing emotional returns is at work on my Club Pogo account.
If a rabble rouser doesn't get a response and cannot make contact with the person they intend to harass, they go elsewhere and look for a communicative victim, right?

Also, no matter what the case, no matter how many tokens or badges I have, all a person has to do is look at the MANY years I have belonged to Pogo and it all makes sense.
Jewel indicated that she too is a long term Pogo player.
So where does the problem originate?

I think it has to do with allowing people to communicate with you in any way on Pogo. Do you see my logic?
If your chat is off, if your friends list is as clean as mine is, if you don't take email from ANYONE, then how the heck do you know that some stranger is looking at your profile in the first place?
Really, isn't this a valid observation?
I am asking in all seriousness.

Tara

I'm talking about people putting my names in their friends list to see what badges I have and so forth. No one bothers me in Pogo or in pogo mail. I don't have one single person on my friends list anymore, and I have the option checked that I can't receive pogo mail unless they are on my friends list. That eliminates..this person telling that person what room I'm in. For instance, if I had you and Homer on my list and I blocked you...then you asked Homer where I was and he said " Well I see her in blah blah blah"  Well if no one is on my list then I don't have to worry about hurting anyones feelings. I don't talk in Pogo anyways so what does it matter where I am? Right? Well...please don't make me mention "old banned members" names that love to see what badges I've been doing and so forth, because they have nothing better to do than keep me in their life... :)))    I hate that...I wish people couldn't even see my profile. I guess you have never had any enemies...lmao

BadgeBabe

I've never gotten close enough to anyone on Pogo who knows my screen name to make enemies, I don't THINK. I could be horribly wrong, but what can the anonymous  "they" do anyway?
"Lookie Lous" never took a Club Pogo account away from anyone.
Tara, you know this is true, you are smarter than to let someone bug you. And like I said, if you aren't using chat, don't care who is in the room you are in ( I put my cute mini up instead of the room list), and don't mess with Pogo emails, then you are depriving your potential cyber- enemies of an audience.

This is a pep talk, in case you can't tell. :)
Be proud of your badges, and be proud of however many million tokens you have. If you don't stoop to the snoops level, the snoops will snoop elsewhere. Try saying that 10 times really fast. :)

Jewel

Quote from: BadgeBabe on October 08, 2007, 04:46:38 AM

Do you understand now? You highjacked this thread, or attempted to. I think that's extremely petty. If you've been on Pogo since 2000, then you KNEW the answer and how to avoid trouble all on your own.

Thanks for the "help" that doesn't address what I am asking.

I did NOT hijack this thread or attempt to. I asked you a question pertaining to it. I am through explaining myself to you. Obviously I didn't know the answer since the feature you were talking about does not exist.

Tara, thank you for understanding what I was asking and giving me the correct information.

Everyone, my apologies for creating drama. It was not my intention at all.

Tara

Quote from: Jewel on October 08, 2007, 12:45:32 PM

Tara, thank you for understanding what I was asking and giving me the correct information.

Everyone, my apologies for creating drama. It was not my intention at all.

Your welcome, why would you think you created drama?  That's my job.  :)))

Seriously, I don't see any drama created.  halloween23.gif

disneyland lady

:" True Confession time? I love that I can block one of my SIL's out of my life when I am in one particular room. I have a huge family and we use pogo as a way to keep in touch and this is great for most of us who are happy people and just touch base without spilling family secrets or being offensive. But this particular one (who is married to a brother that I love) is doom and gloom and has been reported in rooms because of the things she brings to the chat of other people. I use the blessed BLOCK on her before I go into my fav rooms! And if I use an auto most of my family knows that I "do not always have my chat turned on"

disneylandlady insane diego halloween23.gif  wishing this candy was badges!

BadgeBabe

All I can say is that y'all go to WAYYY too much trouble. Lie and say you can't see the chat and play at the same time.. something.
If you don't chat, you don't get in trouble in any way AND your auto works!!

I was reading chat in the new 1000 Island game ( its NOT Solitaire) and some woman commented on my 4 new badges for QWERTY. I meant to have chat off, but it was a new game and I really didn't think about it.
She was accusing me of cheating of course, in a snarky way.

I told her that I play QWERTY almost all night every night because I have insomnia. Shut her right up but if I had my chat off I wouldnt have had to deal with the witch at all.
Lesson learned on my part- again. New game does not equal laziness about strangers in a room.

My motto- Just say NO to chat.  ::

LadyMystik

Quote from: BadgeBabe on October 05, 2007, 10:08:35 PM
Quote from: Symbion on October 05, 2007, 12:00:34 PM
Is it as tedious to get this badge as it is for the Black Belt badge in PopFu?

No, honey. The cheats work extremely well. Just put the auto on, kick back,  :-{ and you will have your badge in about an hour.

I recently got the bronze, silver and gold carrots for some reason, :)))

I promise, they were pulling your leg about it being hard.

An hour for the golden carrot badge? How.in.the.world?? I've used Whackster, and I used whatever auto was around before it. I've left my auto on all night on many nights, and still can't get that stupid badge. I'm still at Zucchini Grade 12. :/ And, I play on hard.

Aside from skipping the bonus round, any other tips/tweaks?

BadgeBabe

Whoa! You are talking about the single rank badge for WWW. I never really noticed the name of the rank badge, just let the auto play for a few WEEKS.
I had it mixed up with a weekly challenge.. We've had Silver Carrot badges and Bronze Carrot badges. LOL.

So sorry. My mistake. I try to block out memories of WWW, LOL.

Mistyeyed

i only just started working on this with the auto program..i have slaved off and on for about two years working my way along slowly on this badge...im at rank 37..so im starting to see a little light...as long as this game is they should have had rank badges along the way..

jeffy

i got mine in about 2 weeks i was already rank 20 before i zoomed in on the rank 45 task. I had so much trouble with this one and regular word whomp they both gave me the cripes error a lot but thankfully they are both DONE!!!

I tried both autos for WWW and whompdown did the best considering the problems i had with both!

Much Good Luck to anyone trying for the WW or WWW top rank badges  "'"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview