This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wii - Is it worth it??

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

My son has been begging for a Wii and today at Target, I see they have it on the shelf.  I'm thinking of getting it for him for Christmas, but first I would love to hear from those who have it.  Is it really worth the $$$ and do they have a good variety of game genre?  He has an XBox 360 now and loves it.
If we do get the Wii system, are there any recommendations as to accessories to buy and those to avoid?
Thanks!

Homer

I want one also but they are never in stock here !@#$

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on October 31, 2007, 03:27:37 PM
I want one also but they are never in stock here !@#$
Well, I don;t know where you live, but there are 3 on the shelf at the Target North Apple Valley store :)

Mr. Rasputia

bobby

it's worth it if you're into the games....wii sports is pretty kool...and it comes with it turkey7.gif

rank king

Sorry to bump an older thread to the top, but I am interested in the answers to the opening post.  My wife and I are interested in buying one as she has expressed an interest in the system.  Is it as fun as it looks?   Is there any secret things we should know about before we buy one?  Is it relatively easy to set up?   

Any ideas for the best places to buy one?

harley89

My grandchildren got one for Christmas and the great thing about it is it is interactive. You dont just sit and play you have to move to play the games.  The whole bunch is addicted to air guitar heroes. Except the 5 year old he loves boxing (you have to hold the remote and punch) He has ko everybody he played.  My daughter bought hers on Ebay. She did not get the big bundled one I think that one is about $800 it comes with alot of games but the games werent want they would enjoy playing. She got the $300 one it had the boxing, bowling (thats fun) and some others. She didi buy extra controllers so everybody has one for multiplayer games. At least with this one you arent a couch potato you move.

gator8_24

Quote from: harleyrider on December 28, 2007, 09:59:36 AM
My grandchildren got one for Christmas and the great thing about it is it is interactive. You dont just sit and play you have to move to play the games.  The whole bunch is ****ed to air guitar heroes. Except the 5 year old he loves boxing (you have to hold the remote and punch) He has ko everybody he played.  My daughter bought hers on Ebay. She did not get the big bundled one I think that one is about $800 it comes with alot of games but the games werent want they would enjoy playing. She got the $300 one it had the boxing, bowling (thats fun) and some others. She didi buy extra controllers so everybody has one for multiplayer games. At least with this one you arent a couch potato you move.

Laughed at the couch potato, that's what happens when we play Pogo LOL

cranky

i dont know if it's worth it or not but i need buy my 8 year old the system i got a bundle for a little over $600 and it came with 5 games . now that he has it i dont think he's ready for it has far as taking care of it and etc.. maybe i should have waited til he was 10  :)) :ll lol

Stinkerbell

I got one for my son (our house) and one for my daughter, son in law and grandsons (their house) and everyone LOVES it!  And like another poster said, you have to get up and move!  I don't know which game he was playing, but my son worked up a sweat!  One of the main reasons I wanted to get it was because of the interactive nature and getting more excersize.  They love the tennis game, boxing and Sims Castaway.  But I have to add, we also got my son (family) Guitar Hero for his XBox 360 (he saved his own $$$ and bought it) and EVERYONE loves that also.  So, had we not gotten the Wii, only Guitar Hero, he still would have been thrilled. 

As far as age, my 4 year old grandson is quickly learning how to use the WiiMote, etc... took some getting used to but he is catching on quickly.

Tara

Well no wonder everytime I talk to Homer he's out of breath....he hasn't quit playing with his new wii wii yet.  :-\

Homer

Quote from: Tara on December 28, 2007, 01:43:28 PM
Well no wonder everytime I talk to Homer he's out of breath....he hasn't quit playing with his new wii wii yet.  :-\

I'm arguing with my Wii right now. I took the Wii Fitness Test and it told me I was 80. !@#$

Tara

Quote from: Homer on December 28, 2007, 01:47:48 PM

I'm arguing with my Wii right now. I took the Wii Fitness Test and it told me I was 80. !@#$

LMMFAO...Better start hitting the

Homer

Quote from: Tara on December 28, 2007, 01:49:41 PM

LMMFAO...Better start hitting the

:{:

gator8_24

:)) Sorry, Homer but that was funny esp. considering you are no more than half that age (I hope, lol) Drink up and be happy  :!!

Stinkerbell

Your real friends will tell you what you need to hear, not want you want to hear.   The Wii is your friend.   :)))

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on December 28, 2007, 01:57:27 PM

:)) Sorry, Homer but that was funny esp. considering you are no more than half that age (I hope, lol) Drink up and be happy  :!!

I wanna see how I do after about 10 beers. I bet I do better.

gator8_24

Everything and everyone are better after 10 beers! :!!

Homer

Today I was 68yo but I hit a 510ft HR. Not bad for 68 huh? :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview