PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:55:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo deleted my account today

Started by zaring,

Previous topic - Next topic

angel ray

Quote from: BadgeBabe on November 05, 2007, 01:08:44 PM
You had a run of the mill 72 hour suspension. Pogo hands them out quite often for minor infractions. They were going to lift the suspension after  the same 3 days anyway.
You are lucky that it didn't turn into a permanent account suspension ( aka having your account closed) if you were rude to one of the CS people at EA, though.

If anyone ever has a similar problem with their account, whether justified or absolutely idiotic, it helps to  remember- You will get a much more positive response if you are courteous and polite, and state your side of things clearly and factually. Sometimes, the EA phone reps. do not speak English extremely well, and sometimes, their patience is next to 0. I imagine that they are subjected to cursing and otherwise harrassed all day long, every day.

Quote from: angel ray on November 05, 2007, 06:04:04 AM
I lost mine but i called them and ranted and raved three days in a row and they gave me back my name. maybe i was lucky

I never cursed them and i am orginally from the UK, the people i talked to they were fine ,they were nice and polite but they said they couldnt do nothing about my situation so i called and told them over and over in french that they understood and they understood my american name was a vdub a race car and the people in the pogo room thought it was a nasty word, but i had to keep on calling till i got one that understood and took the time to look,it wasnt a three day it was your account has been closed forever,they thought my screen name was nasty, i am never rude if anything a flirt maybe opps sorry!!

BadgeBabe

Quote from: angel ray on November 06, 2007, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: BadgeBabe on November 05, 2007, 01:08:44 PM
You had a run of the mill 72 hour suspension. Pogo hands them out quite often for minor infractions. They were going to lift the suspension after  the same 3 days anyway.
You are lucky that it didn't turn into a permanent account suspension ( aka having your account closed) if you were rude to one of the CS people at EA, though.

If anyone ever has a similar problem with their account, whether justified or absolutely idiotic, it helps to  remember- You will get a much more positive response if you are courteous and polite, and state your side of things clearly and factually. Sometimes, the EA phone reps. do not speak English extremely well, and sometimes, their patience is next to 0. I imagine that they are subjected to cursing and otherwise harrassed all day long, every day.

Quote from: angel ray on November 05, 2007, 06:04:04 AM
I lost mine but i called them and ranted and raved three days in a row and they gave me back my name. maybe i was lucky

I never cursed them and i am orginally from the UK, the people i talked to they were fine ,they were nice and polite but they said they couldnt do nothing about my situation so i called and told them over and over in french that they understood and they understood my american name was a vdub a race car and the people in the pogo room thought it was a nasty word, but i had to keep on calling till i got one that understood and took the time to look,it wasnt a three day it was your account has been closed forever,they thought my screen name was nasty, i am never rude if anything a flirt maybe opps sorry!!

OK.
You said in your original post that you " ranted and raved". I never said you cursed.
Rant and rave means to yell, scream, make a huge fuss and generally make the person on the other end of the phone wish you would go away.
IF you did anything like that, I still think you were lucky to get your account back.

You're not the only person who has had their account placed in suspension because of a mistaken report to Pogo that the screen name is cursing or obscene when the meaning is completely different. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was told my account was gone forever.  It wasn't.
I had it back in 3 days, but I was so nice you would have thought I was speaking with your Queen, LOL.

MrsSaturn

Hmm, it seems like only a matter of time before they decide that my screen name is a dirty word.  Then again, I could make up a term for it and speed things up  :)))

TmT

Being an Angel even when you're guilty as hell helps when you appeal your account. Each appeal usually you get a different person/ representative responding. (Been there, I know from experience) I religiously whimpered in disbelief that such an impossible accusation could be made against poor innocent, lil old me-- sweet angel, mom's perfect child, woman that never even hurt a fly. lmfaoz  I wrote 3 to four times for over a week. Despite the no, no, no, no answers, I kept pleading.

Humble approach helps; arrogance hurt you, and will never accomplish jack with pogo.

gin

roadwarrior

Quote from: Ebonite on October 25, 2007, 09:43:30 PM
Yep, I spell the word 'queer' in tumble bees all the time. How can be offensive if it's in their games?  :o

Had a friend of mine loose their account for using the word queer to describe somthing odd.  When I told him I've spelled queer dozens of times in tubmle bees, he realized he spelled queer in there to.

SO....long story short after calling pogo and pointing it out to them, they let him create a new name, credited him for unused time (almost a year as he'd renewd about a month before it happened) and transferred all his badges over.  He lost almost 30 million tokens, but at least he got his badges back.  Thankfully he only lost 3 gems-he was glad he decided to wait until he got paid to buy some more or he'd been out 20 bucks worth.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview