Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

omg! Ebay to addicting

Started by IndianLover,

Previous topic - Next topic

IndianLover

Oh my lord, Ebay is too addicting for my own good. I go on there looking for teletubbie stuff for my 19 month old because he is crazy about them. And now mommy addicted! I just bid bid bid and spent spent spent all day. I need to block myself from that darn site before I am totally broke  :)))

Anyone else like ebay?

Oh yeah and tks homer for my indian smileys again  indian4.gif

IndianLover

Um, it wouldn't let me modify but the word that I typed that has all the **** is  add-ict-ted in case it puts the *** in there again. That is weird I didn't type a bad word  :-\

bobby

there's certain words that get blocked... like ******* ***** **** and **** *** with a ***** with a long spoon :)))

CindyLouWho

I love ebay too but I try to stay away from there cause I always find lots & lots of stuff I want,  :ooo.  My 75 yr old mom sells & buys both on there, so does a few other members of my family.  But me, I just wanta buy buy buy but can't!  :$% :)))  It's easy to get hooked to it tho. 

harley89

My husband buys lots of motorcycle parts from Ebay. So he is addicted. me I can take it or leave it.

MrsSaturn

................Tee hee!

Wow, it's too early for me.  I got in trouble for selling my mom's scrapbooking stuff on Ebay, since she works for the company that sells them.  I guess the scrapbook people went looking for matching addresses or something.  Ah well.

Stinkerbell

I was selling EAPG (Early American Pattern Glass) on Ebay.  I've been collecting it for over 20 years and just had waaaay too much.  I've found a few pieces of the patterns I collect so I picked those up, but thats about it.

MrsSaturn

IndianLover

Stinkerbell

Quote from: IndianLover on November 07, 2007, 09:24:13 AM
Quote from: MrsSaturn on November 07, 2007, 06:16:46 AM
What's Early American Pattern Glass?

Yeah what is that? I am curious too lol.

Early American Pattern Glass, also known as "pattern glass" or EAPG, is pressed glass tableware made only during the Victorian period (1850-1910), and only in America.  These sets of dishes were made by glass factories using the new technology of 'mass production'.  Rather than blowing the glass, metal moulds were formed and molten glass poured into the moulds.

Generally the patterns were made in complete table settings which would include bread plates, dinner plates, goblets, bowls, butter dishes, sugar bowls, creamers and celery vases.  The more popular the pattern, the more extensive the set would be.  Many sets had beautiful tall pedistalled cake stands  and a wide range of sizes of compotes both with and without covers. 

Most patterns were floral in design, but a few of the patterns captured Americas fascination with the "times".  For example, there is a pattern called
"Westward, Ho!" which has scenes of the "wild" frontier such as log cabins and buffalo.  Another pattern featured famous actresses of the times.  The pattern I collect is called Egyptian and was made during the 1870's and 1880's.  The pieces have images of the pyramids, the Parthenon (though not Egyptian) and a bread plate that has a stunningly detailed image of Cleopatra with the words "Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread" around the border.  Most sets were only produced ib clear, but some came in shades of green, blue or amber.  It's very difficult to know which patterns to attribute to which factories though because, as you can imagine, factories built out of wood often caught fire because of the intense heat and fire needed to make the glass itself.  Destroyed molds and fragments of glass found at the sites of old factories are all archaeologists have to go by, along with the occassional catalog (that escaped fire).

I could go on and on, but you now know more about EAPG than you will ever need to know and maybe even more than you wanted to know :)  But, if you have any questions, feel free to holler!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview