PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:40:42 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

royal marriages in Pinochle

Started by spidertail,

Previous topic - Next topic

spidertail

How do you create the royal marriages in pinochle???? I have 11/20 but have no clue how I did it!!!  turkey7.gif

Homer

A royal marriage is a piece of meld consisting of one King and one Queen of Trump; worth 40 points.
The King and Queen of Trump found in a bare run is counted as part of the run.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

spidertail

Ok, I come up with a hand that has like 4  "royal marriages" but apparently that doesn't count toward badge....do I have to match a king with my partner or opponent's queen during play??? Does it matter if it's my opponent's or partners???? I don't understand :(

Homer

I'm no expert at pinochle but the marriages must match the trump suit to count is the way I understand it.

spidertail

I understand that part, but I'm watching when I play the K & Q , whether it's my opponent or my partner, and still can't figure out how I'm "creating" a royal marriage....I show royal marriages before the game starts, but they don't seem to count.   :=

spidertail

Homer

Royal marriages are determined even before you play the first card. After the cards are dealt a little scoreboard pops up with detailed scoring. That is when the marriages are determined.

spidertail

I know this is redundant, but when I have, say 4 royal marriages, before the game starts, it does not count at the end of the game...the badge rule says "create" royal marriages, that's why I wonder if I have to match a K with a Q in the trumps suit during game play, and if it has to be with my just my partner or does it include the opponent.... ???

Homer

Just a guess but you may have to win the hand for them to count.

spidertail

spidertail

Just got my badge...I THINK you have to have a royal marriage before the game, win the bid, AND win the game...did you tell me that earlier???lol....I don't know, sooooo confused, but, got my badge....thanks bunches!!!! :!!

gator8_24

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on November 08, 2007, 09:03:34 AM
There may be clues in the "How to play" lol

Sometimes the pogo "help" is more confusing than helpful so I will do an internet search for game tips.  That has helped.

harley89

royal marriages are like euchre I dont understand either one but some how I get it. Same with that bridge challenge never did understand how to get a rubber but I got them and got the badge. Some things I just dont need to understand I guess

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview