This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Scam for passwords

Started by Michie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Michie

I had gotten an email today saying that my membership is about up, and for me to re-subscribe by clicking on a link and entering my information to renew my subscription.  Its just like those paypal/ebay scams.  I'm sure most are aware of these scams but usually a few that aren't, so wanted to post this so everyone is aware.  If you get an email, don't click the link.  Delete the email and login to Pogo.com and enter your information that way.   

<..>

apple

FreecellFanny

I hope you sent a copy of that email to Pogo. They need to know. :)

PogoKaz

I have a bad feeling about this,  I got a pogo reminder via email last year so didnt think anything of it this year.

I've changed my pogo password and will watch my bank details carefully.

I can't find the original email but I do have the confirmation of new subscription that came after I actioned it.

Can you pm me the address that was used on your email. Mine has the words jump/account in the link and the email was from a pogo email address. If its the same I will contact the bank and warn them there may be a problem.

Thanks

Homer

I got a bogus email today. Do not click any of the links in the email. If you need to go to pogo always open a browser and type the main pogo address into it. Do not copy and paste links from these emails. My email had to do with a guest pass. I haven't used a guest pass in a few months.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gigi

is this legit?  Just got it today.  seems real
sorry about the links if that's a no-no, just wanted to send the entire email

We would like to invite you to attend a focus group workshop we are
running designed to explore the Pogo website.  The workshops will take
place in Chicago, Ill on Wednesday, December 5th, and Thursday
December 6th and will be managed by Nicola Godfrey and Amy Eastwood, 2
trained moderators from 2cv.  At the workshops you will meet other
Pogo players, share your experiences and take part in some fun
activities.  The workshops will last 3 hours and you will be provided
with a small payment by way of thanks for you giving up your time to
speak to us.

A reassurance
2cv is registered with the Market research society, we conduct genuine
market research and the sessions we conduct are in no way used to try
to sell anything.  The research we conduct is used to understand what
consumers think, expect, want, from Pogo so that they can better
tailor their offer to their consumers needs.

If you are interested and would like to attend, please email:
research@ea.com with the following information

1) Your Name
2) Age
3) Gender
4) Zipcode
5) Phone Number with area code

Please DO NOT respond to this email.  Please email
research@ea.com

We hope to see you there!
The Pogo team and 2cv

----------------------------------------------------------------

(c) 2007 Electronic Arts Inc.
All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy
ea.com/global/legal/privacy.jsp

Legal Notices
ea.com/global/legal/legalnotice.jsp

Terms of Service
ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Unsubscribe/Preferences
unsubscribe_club_pogo-ctg0iicaaaab24cqccq2hvdt4qqiaerq@fun.ea.com

Powered by DREAMmail:
epsiloninteractive.com/eisite/privacy/privacy.htm

Please know that at Club Pogo, we don't want to send you information
you don't want to receive. If you no longer want us to contact you,
please send a blank email to:
unsubscribe_club_pogo-ctg0iicaaaab24cqccq2hvdt4qqiaerq@fun.ea.com
to be removed from our mailing list or to change your preferences.
You can also write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts
Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

Homer

It could be real but it could also be a phishing scam where people harvest your personal info and use it for illegal means. Never give out your personal info.

gigi

OK thanks for the quick answer.............. would have messed up my "Do not call" list anyway
:-X

Homer

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

disneyland lady

The smart answer is never trust a link inside an email that directs you to enter information when you get there. That is a sure way of phishing.  :;" And it was only a matter of time til they found Pogo. I guess it will be gluttony of types of scams that will arrive and knowing the types of people who play on Pogo (present company not included) they are more than likely going to fall for these because they are not computer savvy let alone scam savvy. But the heads up is greatly appreciated.

As a seller on eBay I have seen these for years. However since I am now engaged to be married and am trying to bring my fiance home from where he has been trapped in Nigeria. I am going to meet him at the airport this weekend. I live in the same city as Homer and hope that he will come to the airport with me because the last time I waited alone for hours and hours and my fiance never showed. It would have been so sad, if not for the fact that when I got home, I learned that I had just been given this generous amount of money from this lady who had lost her husband to some disease she misspelled and all I have to do to get hundreds of thousands of dollars is to give a few measley hundred of dollars - sheesh....I AM THERE!  :-[

Disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneylandlady on November 17, 2007, 07:41:37 AM
The smart answer is never trust a link inside an email that directs you to enter information when you get there. That is a sure way of phishing.  :;" And it was only a matter of time til they found Pogo. I guess it will be gluttony of types of scams that will arrive and knowing the types of people who play on Pogo (present company not included) they are more than likely going to fall for these because they are not computer savvy let alone scam savvy. But the heads up is greatly appreciated.

As a seller on eBay I have seen these for years. However since I am now engaged to be married and am trying to bring my fiance home from where he has been trapped in Nigeria. I am going to meet him at the airport this weekend. I live in the same city as Homer and hope that he will come to the airport with me because the last time I waited alone for hours and hours and my fiance never showed. It would have been so sad, if not for the fact that when I got home, I learned that I had just been given this generous amount of money from this lady who had lost her husband to some disease she misspelled and all I have to do to get hundreds of thousands of dollars is to give a few measley hundred of dollars - sheesh....I AM THERE!  :-[

Disneyland lady insane diego

Having done tech support and general education of members on AOL for over 6 years, I was not surprised by the number of people who share their passwords on  Pogo.  You might trust the pogo player who has your password, but what happens when that persons account is hacked and the hacker accesses the friends list INCLUDING your pogo user and starts accessing other accounts too?  My sis in law shares her pw with several people and she has messages with their log in information in her message box.  Point is.... you need to be careful, especially with those you know and trust.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview