Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

iPod Classic

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I thought about putting this in Technical, but it's not about Pogo or cheats.  Got my daughter an iPod Classic (FINALLY could afford one) and it won't turn on  at all.  Computer doesn't recognize it and it doesn't even show the icon that it's charging.  I went to the support site, followed their directions and still nothing.  Anyone have any insight or suggestions?

jrzydvl

try going to start control panel add hardware sometimes it has to find it.   did you also download itunes yet?

Tara

I didn't get the iPod for my daughter but the one I did get her we had to download a CD first.  Your iPod may not be charged and that is why it's not coming on. When we first plugged up to the USB port it wouldn't do anything either. After a little charge and downloading the CD we now have music on it. Hope you get if figured out so your daughter won't be bummed out until you can find out what is wrong.

Stinkerbell

Hers didn't dave a CD and I do have latest iTunes.  Going to try diff cable for it.

jeffy

Yea some of the new nanos and classics dont come with cs's anymore just try letting it charge to see. then try holding down the menu to power on.

if you dont mind me asking where did you buy it?

Stinkerbell

We got it at Costco, and they are good about returns so I'm not worried.  It's been hooked up "charging" for 7 hours now and nothing.  Tried another USB cable, nothing.  Tried their directions about resetting, you know the "hold" switch, menu and the center button... nothing.  It's dead so we will be returning it tomorrow.

jrzydvl

Quote from: Ho! Ho! Ho! on December 25, 2007, 04:30:57 PM
We got it at Costco, and they are good about returns so I'm not worried.  It's been hooked up "charging" for 7 hours now and nothing.  Tried another USB cable, nothing.  Tried their directions about resetting, you know the "hold" switch, menu and the center button... nothing.  It's dead so we will be returning it tomorrow.

costco used to have the greatest return policy you could return anything you bought no matter how old it was and now its only 90 days but other than that costco is good on returning things

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jrzydvl on December 25, 2007, 05:10:55 PM
Quote from: Ho! Ho! Ho! on December 25, 2007, 04:30:57 PM

costco used to have the greatest return policy you could return anything you bought no matter how old it was and now its only 90 days but other than that costco is good on returning things

And we have the receipt for it. but even if we didn't they can pull it up by your membership number, so yeah... not worried at all.  Just stinks when it's a gift and it doesn't work.  Next year, whatever we buy that's electronic, I'll be tempted to open it and make sure it works before giving it.

Stinkerbell

Update:  Costco exchanged it with no problems and this one works!  Oh, and they no longer come with software, at least the Classic ones don't.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview