PlayBuddy
July 06, 2024, 09:41:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pinochle Rating Badges! Intermediate, Master etc..

Started by jeffy,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

Can I assume that there is a similar scheme for other rated games?

I would be interested in getting in on this...but I would prefer to double browse with my helper who is also double-browsing. The less people who know my Pogo name the better.

Biggen

I've been on pogo for quite awhile but just recently found you guys (read: just became a cheater :))).  I've been dreading trying for this badge and would be a willing participant in a ladder scheme or double browsing.  I've been lurking for awhile and I see that I need more posts before I can PM people so if anyone wants to began this arduous task please contact me.  I'm on Pacific time and I'm on pretty much every night. 

harley89

mr.clean

ArmPitOdor

edfshr

The absolute best way to do this is one person, two computers, four browsers and eight or ten accounts.  When more than one person is involved it takes a lot longer to coordinate both schedules and game plans.  Even two people in the same room have to talk with each other.  When it's only one person, you can look at all four hands and come up with a bid, trump, game play strategy and follow through with minimal misunderstandings.  I got the M by myself in about 60 hours on-line, if I had to coordinate with someone it would have been 150 hours at least.  Two people in the same room might be almost as good, but if they have to IM or chat, the time required just stretches out.

Sometimes you need a strategy like "the losing side will just overbid."  Sometimes you need something like "winning side will make hearts trump and can lead to his partners aces with a queen of diamonds and the loser in the middle will play his king instead of his ace."  Those things are decided fastest by one person just scanning the four hands otherwise you need a lot of dialog.

Now, how to take advantage of the rating system.  Let's say you have four players at the table, A, B, C, and D.  A and C are the winning partners, B and D are the losing partners.  We are trying to get the M badge for A.  The best guy to have play C is someone with a low rating because then A (1900) and C (1300) have an average rating of 1600 and the gain when they beat B&D is way better than if A&C both had 1900 ratings because A & C both gain the same number of points.  Got that?

Now the bummer is:  Last time I played this it looked like Pogo made the rating system tougher.  "looked like" but I'm not sure and I have manipulated the ratings in every game.

By the way that picture is really cute.

Tara

Yep, I did mine by myself too. It is easier to get if you can play against a Master and when the Masters partner is getting up good in color, switch out with a blue and keep going like that.

ArmPitOdor

I don't have 1 pc with enough umph to dble browse much less 2. The decisions can be fast im sure.

ArmPitOdor

bbq21.gif Wait in cansta if your opponent times out and you do not ext your rating goes up, is it the same in pino, can we trick it with the clock?

PogoHatesKristy

Quote from: armpittodor on December 29, 2007, 10:11:09 AM
bbq21.gif Wait in cansta if your opponent times out and you do not ext your rating goes up, is it the same in pino, can we trick it with the clock?

I don't think it works in pino!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview