PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:30:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Years Food

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

I think we did this last year, but we can do it again.  :P

What do you eat on New Years that is suppose to bring you good luck?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

My table on New Years day will have  Baked ham, black eyed peas(thats your change), greens(thats your paper money) mac&cheese,mashed taters, cornbread, biscuits and apple pie and pecan  pie

Tara

I was brought up with eating blackeyed peas, but really never knew what it meant. I just thought it meant good luck for the year.

Homer

Quote from: harleyrider on December 31, 2007, 01:18:12 PM
My table on New Years day will have  Baked ham, black eyed peas(thats your change), greens(thats your paper money) mac&cheese,mashed taters, cornbread, biscuits and apple pie and pecan  pie

What time should I arrive? :)))

harley89

Just come  on down Homer. Forgot to mention the keg . And you are welcome to crash after you eat and watch TV

Homer

Quote from: harleyrider on December 31, 2007, 02:01:43 PM
Just come  on down Homer. Forgot to mention the keg . And you are welcome to crash after you eat and watch TV

Will you leave the light on like Motel 6?  :)))

rank king

For the good luck part we eat black-eyed peas.  Someone puts a dime in the peas and whoever finds it gets the good luck for the year. 

Tara

Quote from: rank king on December 31, 2007, 02:13:18 PM
For the good luck part we eat black-eyed peas.  Someone puts a dime in the peas and whoever finds it gets the good luck for the year. 

The way one of my relatives shovels food in, they would probably choke if they had the dime in theirs.  :)))

swamp

:o  what happens if you swallow the dime and 2 nickles comes out do you have double luck  :-[ :)) :)) :))   :!!    just kidding   happy new year  O0

Homer

Quote from: Tara on December 31, 2007, 02:56:27 PM

The way one of my relatives shovels food in, they would probably choke if they had the dime in theirs.  :)))

I didn't know you were related to l0c0  !@!

:)) :)) :))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 02:59:02 PM

:OO Harley  :OO

Please come pick him up before your dinner is ready before I kick his :o0  >:D

Homer

Quote from: Tara on December 31, 2007, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 02:59:02 PM

:OO Harley  :OO

Please come pick him up before your dinner is ready before I kick his :o0  >:D

swamp

Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 11:26:58 AM
PIE!!!  :pp :pp :pp
PIE  someone say PIE and boobs  woooo hoooo  VV VV :-{ :))

Stinkerbell

Every New Years my grandma would make sauerkraut and some kind of sausage.  Stunk up the house REAL bad but she said it brought good luck and prosperity.  I mentioned to her the fact that they were dirt poor and it didn't seem to be working.  She said "imagine how bad it would be if we didn't do it".  LOLOL  I sure miss her and grampy.

Tara

Quote from: ABraveLady on December 31, 2007, 05:46:25 PM
Every New Years my grandma would make sauerkraut and some kind of sausage.  Stunk up the house REAL bad but she said it brought good luck and prosperity.  I mentioned to her the fact that they were dirt poor and it didn't seem to be working.  She said "imagine how bad it would be if we didn't do it".  LOLOL  I sure miss her and grampy.

Awe that's a sweet memory for you to share. 

I have my black-eyed peas simmering away.  :///

Homer

Quote from: Tara on January 01, 2008, 09:40:27 AM

Fergie's at your house? :)))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on January 01, 2008, 09:41:43 AM
Quote from: Tara on January 01, 2008, 09:40:27 AM

Fergie's at your house? :)))

I wish she was...I  <3 her, and NO not in the Tila kinda way.  :)))

rainbow

pork roast..saurkraut..dumplings...mashed tatoes..spiced apples...cant hardly wait the house smells so good....oh and of course various wines and beers !@!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview