PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:42:22 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Got a new puppy coming to our house- don't know what to name him

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

This house has been like a funeral home since 3 of our dogs died in the past month. 1 was a sickly puppy that the breeder asked us to help so his passing wasn't too unexpected, but was very tragic because he was such a smart puppy. Then two of our dogs drowned in our in-ground spa attached to our pool. They were brother and sister, and I think one jumped in to help the other and they both died from hypothermia..

Anyway, to happier things. We are investing in a Maltese puppy from two champion parents. All our dogs names start with the letter B.
So, his will too.
I like thinkng up names that the clerks at the vet's have trouble with.. It's funny sometimes.
Our problem is that we can't agree on a name for this baby.

Here are our choices:
Baci ( Italian for Kiss)
Baccarat
Biscotti
Brie
Bijou
Bellini
Bocelli

I am thinking that we may name him Baccarat and call him Baci for short.

It would be a big help if some of you could come up with some unique and non- vulgar names for a precious pup that starts with a B, and has Italian or French roots.

PS- The Internet searches for dog names is ridiculously simple and non- challenging.

Thanks, BadgeBabe and the 4 Bichons

Homer

How about "Taxes"

That way when you open the door you get "In-come Taxes"  :)) :)) :)) j/k

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

swamp

Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 03:34:17 PM
How about "Taxes"

That way when you open the door you get "In-come Taxes"  :)) :)) :)) j/k
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

IndianLover

Congrats on the new puppy. I recently just got a Yellow Lab puppy. We picked Jazzmine because we name everything with J's in it including the kids names either first or middle.  I use J's because my brother that died at the age of 17 his name started with a J.  Sorry to hear of your past 3 doggies  :(

Here are some French Male Dog names:

Bayard
Beal
Beall
Beaufort
Beauvais
Blase Brighton
Burel
Byron

Indian

swamp

Homer

Quote from: ♪♫SMS♫♪ on December 31, 2007, 04:56:22 PM
bubba is a good name or if its a female  bubbett  :-[ :))  j/k

I would have to see the dog's personality before I named it. Wouldn't want to name it Spike if it doesn't fit the personality.

swamp

Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 05:05:36 PM

I would have to see the dog's personality before I named it. Wouldn't want to name it Spike if it doesn't fit the personality.

true    we got 2 blue tick hounds and  those names fit them. after all we are in the deep south. where all the kids wear flip flops to school   :)))

Homer

Quote from: ♪♫SMS♫♪ on December 31, 2007, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 31, 2007, 05:05:36 PM
true  i got 2 blue tic hounds and mine fit there names

Someone needs Quoting 101  :)) :)) :))

Lady Golden Eagle

I like Bijou, we have a Pug puppy coming and we a thinking too. This boy will not be named Pugsley
like our other Pug. I am so tired of people saying " Let me guess his name is it Pugsley ". Our Havanese
is Teddy but he looks like one. Everyone told us to give him the name Desi since he come from Cuba.
No I am not getting a Lucy.

:))  :))  :))  :))

Darling SilverDodger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

CanadianPrincess

Our Cairn Terror-er's kennel name is Porscha but she goes by "Bacon".  Bacon is also a French word pronounced "Bake-ohn".  You could also do Belle for beautiful or Bellisima (Italian for extremely beautiful).  How about Bistie (Beastie)?  It looks and sounds French but it would be really funny.  Our late Bichon's name was Carla.  We acquired our Jackpitborderador (Jack Russell-Pit Bull-Border Collie-Labrador Retriever mix, we think) 30 hours after Carla went to doggie heaven.  Hubby rescued her from the pound where she was on death row.  She's a great dog and her name is Kaya.  Be sure to let us know what the baby's name is and good luck!

marymary770

Quote from: TheDevilMadeMeDoIt on January 08, 2008, 03:39:10 PM
I like Bijou, we have a Pug puppy coming and we a thinking too. This boy will not be named Pugsley
like our other Pug. I am so tired of people saying " Let me guess his name is it Pugsley ". Our Havanese
is Teddy but he looks like one. Everyone told us to give him the name Desi since he come from Cuba.
No I am not getting a Lucy.

:))  :))  :))  :))

My sister has a pug, that's her baby. His name is Otto, but he's so husky that she calls him pork chop all the time. LOL. :)))

SpunkyGirl

marymary770

Stinkerbell

Bon Jour.... Bonnie for short?  Or any Bon phrase... Bon Ami, Bon Amor, just a thought.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview