PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:55:52 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo accepting beta testers again

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

shoes

I checked this out and read almost all of it and decided that I did not understand all that I would have to understand to be a test.  Guess I am not that smart.  Copying Java logs and all that--to much for me but I think it would be fun!  Good luck to all that try out for it.  Also I have used autos for a long time on  most games and they would know that, right??

CindyLouWho

Well what the heck, I went & filled out the thing just for the heck of it  :)))

IndianLover

Grr I'm getting aggr. I am trying to sign up again and after hitting the acception for the terms it says

BAD REQUEST and won't let me continue :(

IndianLover

Got it to work on hubby puter but I also signing him up just in case I cannot make the cut again do to being one before I am nosey love to see what they are coming out with ahead of time  :)))

PogoKaz

And they STILL WON'T let UK players be beta testers  :'((

FreecellFanny

Stinkerbell

I'm done too.  Why do they ask you to activate your java log during the application?

FreecellFanny

I guess they want to make sure you knew how to do for when you submit bug reports.

I think though that it is automatically activated when running Java.

Homer

Quote from: Squid on January 05, 2008, 03:45:11 PM
Submitting java logs is requested when reporting bugs.  **** BE AWARE **** that all pogo activity is on those logs.... so, if you were in regular pogo using an auto and then go to the beta site and submit a bug and log, the auto stuff MAY be on that log.  I always cleared the java log when going from regular to beta test pogo.  It's very easy to do and made me feel a little safer.

Pogo doesn't need your java log to prove your cheating.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2008, 03:48:56 PM

Pogo doesn't need your java log to prove your cheating.

They sure don't. They can just ask me because I make $50.00 a name that I report for using autos.  :))

IndianLover

To be hones everytime I have been a tester and sent a bug I have NEVER sent a log, I don't even have it logging when I am testing but  :-X

Mary

BadgeBabe

Okey dokey, I just set up my fourth Pogo account and applied again. Trying to keep the streak going. I think the new games will probably sux but it's fun finding out all the other stuff on the site.

A few things about your application to be a Beta Tester: If you have a super duper fast computer and connection speed, TELL THEM. They are looking for the best possible sys. configs.
I know, it sounds dumb, but they are all for pushing their games out to the people with fine computer setups.

Make sure you answer their 2 essay type questions with full sentences and hopefully without mistakes, addresssing what they are asking: What is your favorite Pogo game and WHY? and Why do you think you would make a good Beta tester?
Next, LIE about what games you like ( unless you like the upcoming games). I probably wouldn't go so far as to put Sudiku ( or however you spell it) on the App. but since we know there is another Mahjong and another Solitaire game coming, put that you have two, and name two variants of Mahjong and Solitaire, or another Pogo game that will be in production, like Word Riot.

It's also a good idea to check NO to the questions about : Do you have any relatives or friends who play on Pogo? Do you share computers? etc.
They are very security minded. The question about how many computers you own is tricky. I think they are wanting to know if you have a backup in case one crashes from a Beta bug,  :)).
I always answer with 3 or 4 since I do have multiple home computers.

If you are really wanting to be a Beta Tester badly, say you work in the IT field, and that your specialty is customizing pre-packaged software programs to fit your company's specific needs. Or that you especially enjoy troubleshooting software/ hardware conflicts for your customers.
Something that makes you look like you are almost as smart as the morons who run the Beta program. They will never know!!

BTW, if you get accepted, prepare to sit and wait, wait and fume, and basically be treated like a bug on the screen. I've completed 3 BT sessions in less than 2 years, and still don't have one BT badge. They don't communicate with you except with little 2 line " updates" on the Beta site which apply to all testers. It's not for those who expect a lot of bells and whistles. It's not for people who can't play during the hours that Beta testing is open, which is during the day and til 9 PM Pacific on weekdays and all day and later at night on weekends.
Oh, and I think it's helped me that I've said that I play during the day at work.

:^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*GL to all who applied or will apply!!! :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BadgeBabe on January 07, 2008, 10:23:57 AM

:^* :^* :^* :^* :^* GL to all who applied or will apply!!! :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*

I'm assuming it's best to use an account other than the one I cheat on all the time?  Do they audit the account if you want to be a beta tester?

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 07, 2008, 02:29:20 PM

I'm assuming it's best to use an account other than the one I cheat on all the time?  Do they audit the account if you want to be a beta tester?

Nope, I've used two accounts for Beta testing that I cheat on daily. :)
They don't look at all that. Just the applications.
GL to you, AB Lady. I know you wanted to be a tester last time around. I hope you are chosen this time. :)

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BadgeBabe on January 07, 2008, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 07, 2008, 02:29:20 PM

GL to you, AB Lady. I know you wanted to be a tester last time around. I hope you are chosen this time. :)

Thanks!  Will they notify me regardless of their decision? 

BadgeBabe

It's been my experience that they only notify the people they accept. The letters of acceptance with the password and all are sent out at intervals.. Some people may get theirs as long as 3 weeks after the first group posts that they were accepted.

I think this may be a large group of BTs because there are quite a few new games in the wings. Pogo needs to get them final tested by players and out on the site.
You have a better than usual chance of being accepted because of the numerous new games, IMO. :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview