This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Help Me Understand Jungle Gin

Started by jeffy,

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffy

OK i been coasting along in jungle gin im rank 34 using the auto and this morning i thought HEY if i double browse and wipe the player out i can gain a lot of gin points. Well, i won 3 in a row like this and didnt gain 1 gin point. I beat out my double browsed player by knocking and going gin and every way imaginable to end up gettin 0 gin points over 3 games!!!

Has anyone else double browsed for the rank badges and can maybe tell me what im doing wrong?

Maybe it was cause they were rated games? Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks

harley89

Jeffy the ratings system is like Pinochle.  It means the ratings of both players need to be close and winning the hands every time hurts you more than helps you. If you look at how to play the rating system is listed. If you want to gain ranks I would not play rated

jeffy

i understand the ratings i just dunno why when i double browsed and used my main acc to slaughter my double browsed account i didnt get no gin points for winning 3 games. :(

gator8_24

Does knocking have anything to do with it?  I got all 50 ranks by hand, no knocking and with the 4 player games. Does it say anything in the how to play?

jeffy

it says any points you gain by knocking or going gin is gin points and any points left in the other players hands are gin points only thing that dont count is bonus points for winning matches. bu my calculations the 3 games i won should of netted me 300 points each and i should of went up a rank but my gin points stayed at 369 even after winning.

rnwb

I've double browsed (always by hand  :P and sometimes playing Oklahoma Gin and waiting for a spade, so the points are doubled) and have always gotten rank points. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, don't know why it's not working.

FreecellFanny

What aggravates me is being forced to play real, live people in order to get some badges.  >>:D

I am antisocial by nature and really prefer playing the bots.

kayna

from what iv found if you play rated then the gin points dont count towards ranks

jeffy

im gonna try it again without ratings to see here shortly

jeffy

that was it i turned off rated game and now im cruising im at rank 35 now i should be 50 in a day or so at this rate im averaging 130 to 150 gin points and it only takes 2 hands to win the 300 point match

gator8_24

BadgeBabe

I db'd to get my rank badges and DB to get the weekly badges when they come up. I play the account that I want the badge for by only accepting low number cards. I collect 2 of every unsuited face card, 10 and ace on my other account's hand.
In so doing, I get the max points, which is 110 for the other person's hand.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview