PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 05:27:01 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

game freeze

Started by apple,

Previous topic - Next topic

apple

can anyone help me if i play a game it now freezes all the tiem all games not just some i have updated java i have cleared caches etc and nothing cant get a game to work long time now help plz pogo nuts here

apple

also forgot to say sometiems its hard to get it games to load

BadgeBabe

How long have you been playing when the freezes occur? What is your OS and how much RAM do you have? How much is dedicated to video? What is your incoming and outgoing IP speed? You aren't going through a proxy server like AOL, are you?
The most likely cause, if you are clearing your Java APPLETS as well as Temp Files is a shortage of video memory or low RAM. You could also have a slow ISP connection speed, or a connection which is dropping packets frequently, disconnecting you for a split second. AOL is a piece of junk when it comes to gaming.

Since it's not happening to me and I play Pogo 24/ 7 on a new computer with Vista and IE 7 dumped off the machine forever, I'd say it's a problem with either your connection or the amount of dedicated RAM you have.

I'm not being critical by saying what I believe the problem probably is in view of the fact that Pogo isn't freezing up system- wide right now, at least not where I am, in Sudoku Blast, which has been full of players and is a Java- intensive game using a lot of computer resources. I've had computers which had the same problem and occasionally our ISP will get all spastic and drop offline for a 10th of a second, just long enough to throw me off Pogo. If I was reading a news article online, I probably would never notice the minor hiccup, but with a fast paced game, Pogo notices.
Another thing which slowed my system down for a long time was a load of Security Suite protection. I now have " other arrangements" which are much less intrusive to my specific computer system.

If you aren't already, you might try playing only on Firefox. :)
I hope you are able to troubleshoot the problem. I call my ISP when there are frequent dropped connections or freezes and usually they are doing some kind of work, usually testing the lines for people who have hooked up to their system illegally.

Good luck. :)

apple

sometimes i cant even get game to load onl started having problem on saturday was fine way b4 that, i am using xp, i have no idea of thee rest u asked me, im using firefox never use aol, when i call my isp they useless lol they say problem not at there end i dont know what else to do thnks for advise

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview