PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 05:46:37 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dot Bot

Started by nippy,

Previous topic - Next topic

nippy

I am thinking about purchasing dot bot to play rated games against other players. I was wondering if those that had already brought it could tell me how well this auto stands up against other players. I had read a while ago it wasn't very good at playing but any of your thoughts or experiences would be most welcome to help me decide.Thank you sg.gif

nippy

don't bother replying i just read that Dot Bot can't even function with black pips which is pretty poor considering thats the option most folks choose and whats the point of having an auto that only runs with coloured pips. Anyone with half a common sense will now know never to play against coloured pips. It pains me to say this but shame on badgehelp for letting some of its gamers down, dominoes is a very popular game on pogo. >:(( !@#$

nippy

i will take it all back if badgehelp gets a revised version out quick that plays all pips black & coloured its not much to ask  ""

Tara

Quote from: nippy on January 19, 2008, 01:14:16 AM
i will take it all back if badgehelp gets a revised version out quick that plays all pips black & coloured its not much to ask  ""

Sounds like blackmail to me.  :-\

Tara

Quote from: nippy on January 18, 2008, 07:26:36 PM
I am thinking about purchasing dot bot to play rated games against other players. I was wondering if those that had already brought it could tell me how well this auto stands up against other players. I had read a while ago it wasn't very good at playing but any of your thoughts or experiences would be most welcome to help me decide.Thank you sg.gif

Hmmmm, after careful research on Dec 2 which was 17 days ago, you posted that you did buy DotBot.

http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,33617.msg427412.html#msg427412

So as of yesterday, now your asking for help about buying the auto (that you said you already bought), then you say don't bother replying because in other words the auto sucks because it won't do what you want it to do, then you post telling Badgehelp what they should do and if they do it fast enough you will buy it. How many times you going to buy it?  :-\

Runner

Quote from: nippy on January 18, 2008, 07:26:36 PM

LOL, If you are going to buy DOTBOT to play  quote "play rated games against other players" you are going to lose every single game.  DOTBOT does not play Dominoes, it moves pips to the board that match.  It has no actually brain playing function.  It will actually block itself out.

nippy

Tara you are right i just checked my folder and it was there. It must be the valium i can't remember even buying it. Anyway i wouldn't recommend buying it to anyone else its a total rip off  :pp

Runner

Runner

Okay it's been a month now since this post was started.  The blog on BH also has several complaints about this auto not working.  Is there going to be a fix?  If not can we get a refund for our money?  I see no responses from BH either here or on there own blog.

Homer

Submit a TSR and it will be fixed.

BH indicates they haven't received any TSR's for it. When you submit it add me to your email so I know you have done it and I'll make sure BH gets it.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

BH tells me they are working on an update to the program so if you are having problems with the auto make sure you get those TSR's in to make sure your specific problem is addressed.

Runner

Quote from: Homer on February 13, 2008, 03:17:59 PM
BH tells me they are working on an update to the program so if you are having problems with the auto make sure you get those TSR's in to make sure your specific problem is addressed.

Funny thing... After posting the above post they emailed me... wow ( someone is sharing info ) 

Anyways they said they were doing an update that evening or next day  (i forget which the email said). 

Trying to do the new dominoes badge in the new premium book.  LOL. 

I don't think it finished 2 games. 

Can't do a tsr when it shuts everything down.

Honestly.. is there ever going to be a fix?

Homer

Quote from: Runner on February 28, 2008, 10:02:09 PM
Funny thing... After posting the above post they emailed me... wow ( someone is sharing info ) 

Anyways they said they were doing an update that evening or next day  (i forget which the email said). 

Trying to do the new dominoes badge in the new premium book.  LOL. 

I don't think it finished 2 games. 

Can't do a tsr when it shuts everything down.

Honestly.. is there ever going to be a fix?

Why don't you email them and ask?

oldlady

I used DotBot 3.5 yesterday to get an old badge which was 20 wins and it did it all for me. The most games I won in a row were 4, it took about 90 min. to finish. Never hung up or had any problems. I use Vista and alway play as administrator. I checked BH and it was updated 12/11/07. Sorry it's giving some probs. girls18.gif

BadgeBabe

Dot Bot works just fine for me too, except when I choose the 250 pt games. It has trouble with scrolling to the tile ends because the lines of tiles get too long. When I keep the table setting on 100 point games, and leave the Animation on, it works very well.

Domination, OTOH, plays badly.. I've given up on Super Dominoes until it is fixed.

Runner

Quote from: BadgeBabe on March 01, 2008, 01:45:30 PM
Dot Bot works just fine for me too, except when I choose the 250 pt games. It has trouble with scrolling to the tile ends because the lines of tiles get too long. When I keep the table setting on 100 point games, and leave the Animation on, it works very well.

Domination, OTOH, plays badly.. I've given up on Super Dominoes until it is fixed.

Just out of curiosity , how are the lines longer in a 250 point game than a 100 point game? Both games are played by a hand with the same amount of pips. 

But I am going to check the animation thingy and see how I have it set. Never thought of that.

thanks RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview