Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Is pogo.com considered gambling?

Started by DoubleOscotty,

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleOscotty

I had an arguement with a friend. I stated that pogo is not a gambling site as we do not make and wager, only get a reward for completing a task. He claims that having jackpots automatically make it so. (even though children can play)

Mia107

If pogo is gambling, does that mean that we can all claim the cost of membership, albums, gems, etc. on our taxes this year as "gaming losses?" I think we might be on to something here...

Stinkerbell

There are slots, poker, blackjack.... all require wagering.... hmmmm.... another tax deduction.... think if I bet 10,000 tokens I can count it as dollar and deduct it?

Mia107

O0  you can claim whatever you want.. just dont get caught

IndianLover

Well a few years ago when I was working at a job I tried to get on and my company blocked it, the message it gave was "this is a gambling site" lmao.

If you want to get technical you do pay "real money" to play pogo... at a chance to win a jp.  So that part yes makes it gambling. Even though alot of us could care less if we won or couldn't claim it anyway  :))

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Mia107 on February 01, 2008, 08:32:11 PM
If pogo is gambling, does that mean that we can all claim the cost of membership, albums, gems, etc. on our taxes this year as "gaming losses?" I think we might be on to something here...

DH sez that it isn't technically gambling - it's more like a random drawing...

However, I like the idea of writing it off on my taxes!  VV

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview