PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:21:26 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Origins of a Player on Pogo

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

For quite a while I have seen SN's on Pogo with the word Player or derivatives (plyr, ply, play, etc). At first I thought it must have been a actual play on the word PLAYER as they seemed to mostly be of an age group that would consider being a "player" to be a positive. But now I am frequently seeing them in the 50+ rooms with SN's including grannie or nana.

My question is regarding the origins of this inclusion into the screen name. Are they coming to Pogo from somewhere specific and are being told to put that in the SN? It does not seem to be something that makes their ID more interesting or defining as would something like Plyr4ever or born2ply. I always do a search of this site when I have questions and the only thing I could find was posts welcoming new people to PogoCheats - and it had those same kind of SNs.

Please enlighten me if you have any knowledge on this. And be kind - while I have posted before, this is my first question! (I think that means I am finally no longer a virgin).

disneyland lady insane diego

Homer

The word player or derivatives thereof sometimes actually come as suggested screen names when you join pogo.

For example:

If I tried to join pogo using the name Homer and that name is taken already pogo will suggest some available sn's like PlayerHomer, PlyrHomer etc.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Well at least if Pogo suggests the name maybe you wont get banned when someone complains about your screen name

edfshr

cranky

my son screen name has plyr in it and he has had that name for about 2 years !

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on March 06, 2008, 01:58:16 PM
** IGNORANCE ALERT **

Why would anyone object to having Player (or derivative) in the SN?

I would think that a guy trying to meet women on Pogo would be sending out a huge red flag with "player" in the SN. But this is cuz I spent the last 2 yrs of my 37 yrs with Warner Music hearing guys bragging about being one. So I am probably too sensitive to it. It reminds me of the guys who used to wear Old Spice aftershave. Did they really think that a girl is going to chase after a guy who smells just like their father?

Thanks for the quick responses and Homer, that sounds like something they would suggest. I signed up at Pogo too long ago to remember the process but I am gonna go "play" with it now. I wish Pogo would explain that this SN is going to be with them forever without being able to change it. Might stop some of them from using their first and last names like janedoeplyr - or at least have them think before the misspellings like pheonixlady or sodukolover.

Homer

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 06, 2008, 04:19:09 PM
I would think that a guy trying to meet women on Pogo would be sending out a huge red flag with "player" in the SN. But this is cuz I spent the last 2 yrs of my 37 yrs with Warner Music hearing guys bragging about being one. So I am probably too sensitive to it. It reminds me of the guys who used to wear Old Spice aftershave. Did they really think that a girl is going to chase after a guy who smells just like their father?

Thanks for the quick responses and Homer, that sounds like something they would suggest. I signed up at Pogo too long ago to remember the process but I am gonna go "play" with it now. I wish Pogo would explain that this SN is going to be with them forever without being able to change it. Might stop some of them from using their first and last names like janedoeplyr - or at least have them think before the misspellings like pheonixlady or sodukolover.

Glad to be of service. :<<

There was a time when pogo would let you change your sn. I think you could change it once a year or something but then they stopped it. They claimed it was too much trouble. ::)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview