PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:19:36 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Plug-in

Started by diamonddust,

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonddust

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble. A few days ago ONLY with the AOL browser when I go to play pogo games I get a pop up saying a need a java plug-in to play. I never needed it before on AOL. And the funny part is the games load and work fine with IE and firefox, just not AOL.    girls18.gif

GeorgieGirl

Same thing happened to me the other day with word daiy.  I downloaded the java and my system has run a bit slower ever since the download.

GG :!!

diamonddust

I downloaded it too. It is a whole newer version of java sun and just runs in the background bogging down the comp. So I got rid of it and went back to the other version I already had. It works fine with IE and firefox just NOT with AOL. I even went to the pogo java tester site and with IE and firefox, it says my java is fine. With AOL it says I need to update.

Stinkerbell

I'm still not able to run Pogo with Firefox on Vista.  It freezes up the whole computer.  I read on the MS boards that it's a known conflict with Java.  So, if it's a KNOWN conflict, why not take a novel approach and FIX THE STINKING PROBLEM!?   !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$

BadgeBabe

Quote from: diamonddust on February 29, 2008, 09:57:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble. A few days ago ONLY with the AOL browser when I go to play pogo games I get a pop up saying a need a java plug-in to play. I never needed it before on AOL. And the funny part is the games load and work fine with IE and firefox, just not AOL.    girls18.gif

Is there a reason you must play Pogo with AOL? AOL slows your incoming and outgoing packets severely.

swamp

Quote from: BadgeBabe on March 03, 2008, 04:36:31 PM
Is there a reason you must play Pogo with AOL? AOL slows your incoming and outgoing packets severely.
if i was u i would get rid of AOL they eat up a lot of your memory  ???

diamonddust

The offical reply from Pogo was anyone playing on pogo with AOL is NOW required to have the newest sun/java version.   :'((          So I will not be playing on pogo with AOL any longer. To answer your question badgebabe the reason I like to use AOL to play on pogo is I play a lot of poker and I can also read my gazillions of emails while I am waiting for the next hand. I know Aol uses a lot of my comps resources but I have never had any problems with it bogging down.

chummychum

Here is a great idea:

Get rid of AOL completely

gator8_24

Quote from: chummychum on March 07, 2008, 09:46:16 AM
Here is a great idea:

Get rid of AOL completely

I agree completely!  Never had it but only heard nasty things about AOL so stayed awy.

harley89

Stinkerbell

Here's another vote for eradicating... errrr... ummmmm.... I mean deleting AOL from your computer.

edfshr

Quote from: diamonddust on March 07, 2008, 08:48:54 AM
The offical reply from Pogo was anyone playing on pogo with AOL is NOW required to have the newest sun/java version.   :'((          So I will not be playing on pogo with AOL any longer. To answer your question badgebabe the reason I like to use AOL to play on pogo is I play a lot of poker and I can also read my gazillions of emails while I am waiting for the next hand. I know Aol uses a lot of my comps resources but I have never had any problems with it bogging down.

I play poker while reading my email and I don't have ALO, in fact I don't even know how to spell it.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: edfshr on March 07, 2008, 01:48:25 PM
I play poker while reading my email and I don't have ALO, in fact I don't even know how to spell it.

:))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview