PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 05:38:43 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Food Network Star Fired

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Food Network Cans "Impossible" Chef
Posted Feb 29th 2008 1:55PM by TMZ Staff

"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

FreecellFanny

Shouldn't they be checking credentials before hiring them?

If the network was foolish enough to get taken in by these people it's their own fault. Besides, if the person they hired was doing a good job in spite of the fact, why not keep them on?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on April 02, 2008, 03:47:20 AM
In the case of my story, the man wasn't hired.... it was a contest to become hired by the network.

I guess I missed that story - hope it was you he was trying to cheat.

vasunlover

gator8_24

Sorry to hear that as I enjoyed his show.  who cares about the wedding cake, anyway?

Stinkerbell

This is one of those "slippery slope" things.  Like everyone has said, they really enjoyed his show and it was a success for FN, so does it really matter that he lied about the cake?  Well, considering that other people were considered for the job, and I'm sure his "credentials" helped get him hired, I think FN has done the right thing by canning him.

Recently, my son in law applied for an administrative job at a high school.  It came down to him and another man.  They both had excellent references and credentials, they both got along great with the rest of the staff, it was neck in neck.  Until the district actually called the references... the letters the other man had submitted were all lies.  He had written them all... not a one was legit.  So my son in law got the job, and has done a great job.  They are already wanting to promote him, but imagine if the other guy had been hired.  How unfair that would have been.

spidertail

Hope they find a good replacement...I liked hiss show :((

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview