Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

buying new laptop

Started by old nana,

Previous topic - Next topic

old nana

I would like to get a new laptop this week.  Any suggestions which one is the best.  Do they all come with Vista?

Any input would be helpful.

minnie

you can request it with out vista and highly recomend that alot of people been having trouble with vista i know dell has some really great deals you might want to check them out gl  ""

Stinkerbell

I have a Dell Inspiron 1521 and I love it, but I had to get it with Vista.  I asked for XP but was told 'no way, Jose'.  I listened to a radio show this past Sat or Sunday, Leo Leporte.  He had people call in  with their Vista problems, questions, etc.  Here's the link to the archive of that show.  http://techguylabs.com/radio/pmwiki.php
You might take a looksee or listen.

old nana

S1lent

:;
Greetings,
No matter what computer you buy.  Try running a "Performance Information" from the Control Panel.  I was surprised at the different results. Whatever way you run the test...just keep it consistent.  Vista is just great...I especially like the sidebar.  Enjoy your new computer.
S1lent

Lady Golden Eagle

I have a new pc and laptop with vista and just love it no problems at all. Once you get the hang of it, it's really
great.

Good luck and enjoy your new Laptop ( all mine are HP ) but that's a matter of choice.

r2.gif eastereggs1.gif

Stinkerbell

Today, when my Windows auto update tried to run, I got an error message "80080005 Windows can't check for updates".  After doing a web search and finding nothing, I finally called Dell.  They tweaked this, deleted that, controlled some of those... and it still doesn't work.  They said that one day next week MS will be releasing SP4 for Windows / Vista which should resolve "all your issues".   I asked if it would resolve the issues of my husband leaving the toilet seat up.  The tech dude didn't laugh.  Must have been the whole communication barrier thing, if ya know what I'm sayin'.   

Mayhem

SP4 for vista? They haven't even released SP1 yet  :-\
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on March 19, 2008, 04:42:41 AM
What's SP1?  Just curious...

He said SP4 --- and I thought, what happened to SP1-3?  But because I only THINK I know what people are taking about, I didn't question it.

It's Service Pack, and I guess it's a series of updates meant to make your computer run better, fix known issues, glitches, etc., or screw it up worse, whichever comes first.   

Stinkerbell

Apparently SP1 is now available, but I can't download it because of error code 80080005.  I do not want to have to do a restore, but that's what they are telling me.  I will have to have my 150 page reset, save all my pics, school lessons, music.... everything....    girls18.gif girls18.gif girls18.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mayhem

Where do you get SP1? It's not on Window Update here.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

minnie

Quote from: Homer on March 19, 2008, 06:41:29 AM
There are many issues with SP1 so far. ::)

more issues than you can imagine  !@#$

bams68

Vista is never touchin' my pc LOL

Ur Deer Friend
bams

minnie

I do not blame you Bams Vista is bad news Imoa  O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview