This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cat Litter

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Does anyone have any experience with flushable cat litters?

I'm thinking of switching from Tidy Cats Scoopable to either Swheat Scoop or World's Best Litter

I know they are more expensive but it is more convenient to flush plus I think it would be healthier for both cat and human.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Nope, but I don't think any smelly etc litter is good for humans  :)))  You might inquire with your utility or septic dealer about it, wouldn't want a back up!  lol

harley89

I have 5 cats but have never tried flushable litter because of my concerns about backups. Course out of the 5 only 1 uses a litter box.  All the others go outside.

Homer

Quote from: harley89 on March 13, 2008, 03:28:03 PM
I have 5 cats but have never tried flushable litter because of my concerns about backups. Course out of the 5 only 1 uses a litter box.  All the others go outside.

Lucky you. The flushables are made out of wheat and corn. I don't think they would cause sewer problems now the others I could see doing that.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on March 13, 2008, 03:32:14 PM
Lucky you. The flushables are made out of wheat and corn. I don't think they would cause sewer problems now the others I could see doing that.

Some products absorb the liquids and swell.  If you're dumping large quantities of litter, might it swell up in all that water and then cause a problem?

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 13, 2008, 06:09:10 PM
Some products absorb the liquids and swell.  If you're dumping large quantities of litter, might it swell up in all that water and then cause a problem?

Maybe if your flushing large quantities at once but I wouldn't think small quantities would affect it. The clumps would already have been expanded by virtue of the urine and from what I have read the clumps fall apart as more liquid is introduced via flushing

Homer

Quote from: Squid on March 13, 2008, 06:28:01 PM
Are the litter boxes in your bathrooms?

Will be if I decide to switch. I was hoping someone here used one of the two brands I mentioned so I could see how happy they are with it.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on March 13, 2008, 06:30:31 PM
Will be if I decide to switch. I was hoping someone here used one of the two brands I mentioned so I could see how happy they are with it.

Too bad there aren't any free samples!

gator8_24

I must be tired!  I'm reading this thread about clumping litter etc and laughing my fool head off. :)) :)) :))

Runner

harley89

It is pretty funny . I had heard a long time ago that someone trained their cat to use the toilet.  Now that would be something to see. Only my lunatic cat uses the litter box.  And that kitty needs prozac in a big way. But with a name like Kitty Poo what did I expect

Homer

Quote from: harley89 on March 13, 2008, 08:37:17 PM
It is pretty funny . I had heard a long time ago that someone trained their cat to use the toilet.  Now that would be something to see. Only my lunatic cat uses the litter box.  And that kitty needs prozac in a big way. But with a name like Kitty Poo what did I expect

There are videos of this on youtube. I was gonna post one but it is a bit gross watching a cat drop a deuce in the toilet.

Runner

Quote from: Homer on March 13, 2008, 08:42:11 PM
There are videos of this on youtube. I was gonna post one but it is a bit gross watching a cat drop a deuce in the toilet.
roflmao

gator8_24

Quote from: Runner on March 13, 2008, 08:43:41 PM
roflmao

LOL !!  See I knew this was a funny thread! :)) :)) :))

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on March 13, 2008, 08:42:11 PM

I knew this was a funny thread!  :)) :)) :))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on March 13, 2008, 10:14:56 PM
I knew this was a funny thread!  :)) :)) :))

It's hard to find a thrread on here that isn't funny.    canadian2.gif

minnie

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 13, 2008, 10:39:03 PM
It's hard to find a thrread on here that isn't funny.    canadian2.gif

O0

minnie

:<< this is a bit expensive but it is a one time expense if you plan on having the litter box in the bathroom check this out its a toilette for cats

http://web.hgtv.com/hgtv/web/searchResults/1,8213,,FF.html?searchString=cat+genie+litter+box&searchType=Aggregate
  it might be worth it less clean up for you and who knows fluffy might like it  :;'

Homer

Quote from: minnie on March 13, 2008, 11:18:48 PM
:<< this is a bit expensive but it is a one time expense if you plan on having the litter box in the bathroom check this out its a toilette for cats

http://web.hgtv.com/hgtv/web/searchResults/1,8213,,FF.html?searchString=cat+genie+litter+box&searchType=Aggregate
  it might be worth it less clean up for you and who knows fluffy might like it  :;'

I've considered it but I don't want to spend a lot of money only to find out the cat won't use it.

harley89

Homer  Link to you tube. I gotta see the kitty take a dump