PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:01:07 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pino ranks and browsing 4 times?

Started by lucky9999,

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky9999

Someone ask if there was a fast way to double browse to get the pinchole rank badges and someone replied that it could be done on one computer. 
Is there somewhere to find out how to do that or is there someone willing to help me with getting the rank in this game or willing to do so for me.

I have been reading the forum for awhile now and am registered, but never knew how to post.  I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer in getting the ranks up in this game
thank you

amjjj

u get the ranks playing it no matter what. its the rate's u have to play rated games for which of course u need 4 to start a rated game

lucky9999

Quote from: amjjj on March 27, 2008, 08:00:15 AM
u get the ranks playing it no matter what. its the rate's u have to play rated games for which of course u need 4 to start a rated game

thank you for your reply, I wrote that wrong, what I want is the rates, I want masters badge any suggestions on best way to try and get it?

thank you

edfshr

The best and fastest way is for you to run 4 browsers, whether that be 4 on one computer or two on two computers is up to you and your finances.  I ran 4 on three computers but that was long ago.

It really helps to have a knack for the numbers to make it fast.  If you have trouble making change it will take you a long time.   :/// :///  It also helps to understand the game of pinochle, nothing worse than helping someone make ratings in a game, when they don't have a clue about how to play.

For you to make ratings, you should have a partner with a low rate, that will make your average rate lower and you will get more points for your wins.  Starting at 1500 or so, start a couple stooge accounts that you and your dummy partner will beat to rack up a lot of rating points.  That's fine till around 1700, then if you haven't started playing against your formar partner you will have to start.  I used a total of 8 accounts.  At some point, you get to where you need to beat someone with a high rating.  Start those accounts and work two of them to 1700 or so, then set about beating them with your account, use a partner that has the lowest rating you can find.

By playing all four hands you can quickly see the contract that needs to be made for you to win, sometimes the best contract is for the stooges to overbid and lose.  If two or three people are helping you you will have to chat to figure that out and it takes a lot longer.

lucky9999

Quote from: edfshr on April 01, 2008, 03:01:28 AM
The best and fastest way is for you to run 4 browsers, whether that be 4 on one computer or two on two computers is up to you and your finances.  I ran 4 on three computers but that was long ago.

It really helps to have a knack for the numbers to make it fast.  If you have trouble making change it will take you a long time.   :/// :///  It also helps to understand the game of pinochle, nothing worse than helping someone make ratings in a game, when they don't have a clue about how to play.

For you to make ratings, you should have a partner with a low rate, that will make your average rate lower and you will get more points for your wins.  Starting at 1500 or so, start a couple stooge accounts that you and your dummy partner will beat to rack up a lot of rating points.  That's fine till around 1700, then if you haven't started playing against your formar partner you will have to start.  I used a total of 8 accounts.  At some point, you get to where you need to beat someone with a high rating.  Start those accounts and work two of them to 1700 or so, then set about beating them with your account, use a partner that has the lowest rating you can find.

By playing all four hands you can quickly see the contract that needs to be made for you to win, sometimes the best contract is for the stooges to overbid and lose.  If two or three people are helping you you will have to chat to figure that out and it takes a lot longer.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I do know how to play pinchole, and have had my rating up but got knocked back down as I know happens to all of us or I should say could happen to all of us.
My question was how do you play it with 4 on one computer.  I understand double browsing and I do have dummy accounts, is there a way to have 4 browers on one computer, or how is it done on one computer?
Thank you again for your reply I do appreciate it.

Ebonite

Quote from: lucky9999 on April 05, 2008, 09:54:49 AM
Thank you so much for your reply.
I do know how to play pinchole, and have had my rating up but got knocked back down as I know happens to all of us or I should say could happen to all of us.
My question was how do you play it with 4 on one computer.  I understand double browsing and I do have dummy accounts, is there a way to have 4 browers on one computer, or how is it done on one computer?
Thank you again for your reply I do appreciate it.

Do a Google search for 'Smart Explorer'.  (Should be about the sixth entry.)  I think the latest version is 6.1.  This is a nifty little browser that allows you to have four windows open at the same time in pino.  That's how I got my master badge.  In fact, I've had six browsers open in texas hold 'em poker with no problem.

Highly recommended!  O0

raine56

I have been playing for the rated badges double browsing on two computers.  I have the advanced badge and am half way to Expert.  A good tip is to change partners as your opposition goes down in rank and your partner goes up.  Try to play with the lowest ranked player particularily as you get higher up the ranks.  It is very time consuming.  I have played twice for most of the five days of each guest pass to get where I am. Well ,sigh, back to pinochle.  I can guarantee when I get Master rank I will never play it again.

survivorjeff

Quote from: raine56 on April 10, 2008, 08:37:58 PM
I have been playing for the rated badges double browsing on two computers.   A good tip is to change partners as your opposition goes down in rank and your partner goes up.  Try to play with the lowest ranked player particularily as you get higher up the ranks.  It is very time consuming. 

I was wondering by doing this method does the points go up fast or is by 2 or 3?   I did notice that it goes up by 2 or 3.  Got the accounts all on a 30 day pass and a good thing for a lap top. The only thing is it kinda weird  is switching back and forth. Also by putting the higher rank person (ex. me 1600 and 1500 and opponite  1600  and the other 1500) will it also get up faster?? Just trying to figure the best method. Now that I have the next year off from work I have a lot of time to spend on this and other games that I need to max out on. 

If anyone else has any suggestion on how to get this done in a timely matter (yes it's very time consuming lol) please share. I would really like to get these rating badges out of the way.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview